Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cuffed & stuffed suspect in OK grabs patrol rifle, starts firing from vehicle

Cuffed & stuffed suspect in OK grabs patrol rifle, starts firing from vehicle

Plot twist: the patrol rifle in the police vehicle had an arm brace, I'm pretty sure.

https://www.newson6.com/story/62fb13...ser-released--

The Grady County Sheriff’s Office released body camera and car camera footage that shows a woman inside a deputy’s vehicle slipping out of handcuffs before shooting two people.

The footage, released to media outlets Monday evening, shows footage from the body cameras of each of the two deputies who initially responded to the incident, as well as the camera inside one deputy’s cruiser.

The GCSO said deputies detained the suspect, later identified as Rachel Clay, during a welfare check Friday around noon. A probable cause affidavit prepared by a deputy said the homeowner of the home on County Road 2960 reported Clay “isn’t violent but she is crawling around on her hand and knees in the yard and barking at them.”

Deputies detained Clay with no plan to arrest her. They used double-lock handcuffs and placed her in the back of a cruiser.

The newly released footage shows Clay removing one of her wrists from the handcuffs before reaching through the partition between the front seat and the back seat.

“Our partitions have a small slider where we can get air back to people,” Undersheriff Gary Boggess told News 9 on Monday. “She was actually able to reach through there, on our console, where we keep the gun lock button. She hit it, and was able to retrieve an AR-15... and then she opened up on our deputies and the homeowner.”

One deputy and one civilian were injured in the shooting. Both have since been treated and released with non-life-threatening injuries.

Clay barricaded herself in the deputy’s vehicle for more than four hours before surrendering. She was arraigned in court Monday on three felony counts of shooting with intent to kill.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 10.39.05 AM.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  50.3 KB
    #RESIST

Speaking of the right to bear bare arms.

Shit just gets weirder every day.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    You wouldn't believe it if John Wick did that in a movie.

Plenty of women, and some men, have small bone structure, in the wrists and hands, making handcuffs VERY temporary. I lost count of the number of female prisoners who slipped from their cuffs.

The same principle applies to some folks’ ankles/heels, in the case of leg restraints.

Plenty of long-armed folks can, while handcuffed, slip their hands past their south ends, and have their hands in the front, amazing quickly.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Sounds like a Billy The Kid exploit.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Plenty of women, and some men, have small bone structure, in the wrists and hands, making handcuffs VERY temporary. I lost count of the number of female prisoners who slipped from their cuffs.

The same principle applies to some folks’ ankles/heels, in the case of leg restraints.

Plenty of long-armed folks can, while handcuffed, slip their hands past their south ends, and have their hands in the front, amazing quickly.
    I had quite a few women just hand me my handcuffs when we got to the jail.
    "Uh...thanks."

Site Supporter
    What's the phrase?

"All restraints are temporary."

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I had quite a few women just hand me my handcuffs when we got to the jail.
    "Uh...thanks."
    Exactly. I remember several transports, during which I knew that they had slipped their cuffs off. I got most of them to cooperate, upon arrival, by politely telling them that life would be better for them, once inside, if they wore the cuffs nicely, while being led inside, and being searched. One female, who would not stop struggling, and was immune to remaining handcuffed, got to ride downtown with me sitting beside her, in the back seat, holding her arms, while a partner drove. I may well have put leg irons on her ankles, but do not recall, with certainty. I did not like riding inside the “cage,” but the rear door windows were open, so I could reach the exterior door handles, if necessary.

One time, I put leg irons above the elbows of one uncooperative skinny female.
    Last edited by Rex G; 08-17-2022 at 10:36 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I note the woman did not look especially petite or small boned. And I would suggest that some LEO may have offered a more ballistic response.

Site Supporter
    Based on the citizens reaction, I’m curious if the citizen and officer were hit with complete/intact bullets (I.e. direct fire) or with bullet fragments resulting from her firing from inside the vehicle.

User Tag List