Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death to hex screws on guns!

Death to hex screws on guns!

Join my movement! Torx is king!
    #RESIST

Death to cheap tools and poorly fitting sockets/bits while we're at it. If you've ever spent $150 on a proper torque wrench just to tighten Glock front sight screws to all of 7lb/in, go ahead and smash that like button!

Yes please, gentlemen!

I have developed an irrational angry twitch every time I see hex head screws. It's a little bit harder of a twitch if there's been some buggering, and cheap 90 degree keys laying about.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Strongly Agree:

Not only do hex head screws love to strip out, but I swear I’ve bought and lost more Allen wrenches than any other type of tool. I could probably melt down the number of incomplete Allen wrench sets I have and use that metal to cast a Hi point slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Strongly Agree:

Not only do hex head screws love to strip out, but I swear I’ve bought and lost more Allen wrenches than any other type of tool. I could probably melt down the number of incomplete Allen wrench sets I have and use that metal to cast a Hi point slide.
    Yup, absolute garbage.
    #RESIST

Unless it’s an AR grip screw. Then a hex screw is ok.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Join my movement! Torx is king!
    No.

I am starting my own movement (with blackjack and hookers) to eliminate all Torx, Hex, Phillips - and replace them all with Spanner Drive.

Sounds like a bunch of anti hex, torx extremists.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

My neighbor the gunsmith said he would like to have hex wrenches implanted in his pinkies, opening like a knife blade. That way he would not get caught short.

Then there was the guy who widened all his screw slots to take a dime. (1911 grip screw slots are said to have been dimensioned to be turned by the toe of the magazine.)
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Bah!

Death to any screws on guns. Except for grip panels. Which should be slotted.

User Tag List