Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FREE BULL TERRIER RESCUE- MALE- 6 yrs Eastern PA

Site Supporter

FREE BULL TERRIER RESCUE- MALE- 6 yrs Eastern PA

I hope somebody can help me out. I am fostering a rescue male Bull Terrier. I was planning to adopt him but he is not compatible with other dogs. He thinks my Cavapoo is a toy to chase like a squirrel. Super high prey drive. No sign of aggression towards people. From past experience with the breed I would assume dog aggressive with other large dogs. Best in a single dog home. He is black & white (very dark brindle) 65 pounds and he loves lay by your feet and chew on cow femurs and play tug. My favorite breed. I had two in the last 25 years. Great pet, “little big dog” He was abandoned and I have no knowledge of his past. No evidence of abuse or fighting. Was well fed when found, no scars. Right now I am at my vet getting him evaluated. He is neutered and chipped. Has all current shots.

I named him Brutus. He is a beast. Very solid dog.

He is
    -housebroken
    -rings sleigh bell to go out
    -stays off furniture
    -crate trained
    -leash trained
    - knows his basic obedience
    -sit
    -down
    -paw
    -heel

Please PM if interestedName:  0DD067D6-8B73-4036-AA74-DA9C5DA72DE0.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  38.1 KB

Site Supporter
    Name:  9327B032-9315-4F06-8F92-E02B5243D8C7.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  43.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I would love to have him but I'm in Oklahoma. Where are you located?

Cool dog, we will update your OP if you let folks know where you are. Perhaps if adopted on here, PF can do a dog relay to the new owner if needed.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    That would be great. I am in Eastern PA

Great dogs, very popular in RSA, like the Staffordshire, prey drive is high, but even higher snuggle factor.

My girl, (Staffie / Boxer mix), has a strong prey drive and was recently attacked, (while I walked her on lead), by a neighbor dog that got loose as they were putting her in their vehicle...(some kind of a bulldog / pit type mix, and otherwise a nice dog).

Too bad...I've always had a soft spot for Bull Terriers.

I hope someone takes him.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    My girl, (Staffie / Boxer mix), has a strong prey drive and was recently attacked, (while I walked her on lead), by a neighbor dog that got loose as they were putting her in their vehicle...(some kind of a bulldog / pit type mix, and otherwise a nice dog).

Too bad...I've always had a soft spot for Bull Terriers.

I hope someone takes him.
    Pits or pit mixes are everywhere here. Coincidentally at the local rescue they are vast majority pits. I really dont get why they are so popular.

I dont think Ive ever seen a staffie in person. Interesting looking dog. Looks really solid. I hope he finds a good home.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Updated title with location. These are really cool dogs. They can have a bit of dog aggression, but they are not like pit bulls and I’d trust one around kids once I got to know it. Also, this dog damn sure looks purebred.

I feel sorry for the wrong dog that thinks this is a “little” dog. These dogs are warriors, but stable.
    #RESIST

I've long wanted one of these but we appear to be a permanent boxer household, one currently; which are also adorable pets (we're on our 8th, we've been adopting senior rescues for years and they sadly don't grace us too long).

Bull terriers strike me as a great deal of fun to have around. I think I follow one named Barney on IG
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List