Thread: Beretta R1 Hunting Rifle

Beretta R1 Hunting Rifle

So these look like just the ticket for what I'm looking for in .30-06, anybody using these or have data to share? 50% less recoil or better over bolt actions and the softest recoil of any semi-auto has my curiousity... Benelli is saying .300WM feels like a soft .270, oh boy that does sound nice.

https://www.benelliusa.com/rifles/r1-big-game-rifles

https://www.benelliusa.com/rifles/r1...e-rifle-series

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 3.58.37 PM.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  13.9 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 4.02.41 PM.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  61.3 KB

Think you mean Benelli not Beretta. Should be a thread or two discussing these from last years.

Conceptually, a lot to like, but in practice the ethos were less than ideal as I recall.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Think you mean Benelli not Beretta. Should be a thread or two discussing these from last years.

Conceptually, a lot to like, but in practice the ethos were less than ideal as I recall.
    Yep, fat fingered that one lol. What exactly was not to like? I found a thread citing the following : not an AR (duh), slow magazine changes, etc. Was only a couple pages and not sure if I'm missing another thread on these.

I wish that the R1’s cross bolt safety were located in the same place as on the Benelli shotguns. (Love my ComforTech-stocked M2 Benellis.) Somewhere along the way, my brain maxed-out on the number of different safety/selector positions that it wants to keep up with, so, the Browning BAR, and its FN FNAR cousin, are the leading contenders to be my civilian autoloading rifles.
    Last edited by Rex G; 08-17-2022 at 03:19 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I own both a Browning BAR and a Benelli R1, both in 30.06. Have had the BAR for much longer, although neither have been shot a whole lot.

I really like the Benelli (wood stock) and find that it shoots pretty darn well for a semi-auto hunting rifle. Early models had some teething troubles with corrosion of the gas system, so if you buy used try to make sure that you buy a later model. It is an ingenious design which you can take completely apart, including bolt out of receiver and disassembled, with no tools required!

Quote Originally Posted by JimLob65 View Post
    I own both a Browning BAR and a Benelli R1, both in 30.06. Have had the BAR for much longer, although neither have been shot a whole lot.

I really like the Benelli (wood stock) and find that it shoots pretty darn well for a semi-auto hunting rifle. Early models had some teething troubles with corrosion of the gas system, so if you buy used try to make sure that you buy a later model. It is an ingenious design which you can take completely apart, including bolt out of receiver and disassembled, with no tools required!
    That simplicity is one of the big reasons I appreciate the Benelli designs, in addition to the reliability.

User Tag List