Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket Carry Advice

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have read of, and watched YouTube videos, where the .380 365, unlike the 365 in 9mm, experienced reliability issues.
    That's discouraging.

I’m pocket carrying on a one-night vacation. I have not had a problem with snagging on the draw, but it takes practice to ensure separation from the holster every time.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Pockets vary according to brand. I bought several Propper brand pants having front pockets with very wide openings. For a G26 5 Shot Leather makes a horsehide pocket holster that excels in every respect. Years ago my wife replaced some front pockets with a much heavier and softer material. Comfort increased, and printing of an unholstered weapon lessened.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/h...efense-lite#!/

Hornady makes a “Lite” loaded 38 special round with their FTX bullet.

https://www.sgogunsandammo.com/product-p/90300.htm

It’s milder than the 158 Federal wadcutters.

I use it in my Taurus View.
    Oh, wow! That’s the lightest commercial .38 Special I’ve seen. I’d seen some 110gr JHPs ranging from the Hornady FTX (nice load, btw) up to the +P+ Treasury load, but never a lighter commercial bullet than 110.

Not sure what your specific issues are

Nothing draws like a J frame

Factory 130 grain JHP In my experience has way more recoil than wadcutters

An LCR 357 with wad cutters would have less recoil due to the weight

A G 42 is a pussycat if you’re not trying to run super high pressure shit

Thumb over the back of the slide is your best chance

I would recommend reloading for 38 and loading super light ones for practice and then factory faster ones for social purposes and sticking with the 442. The LCR is a bit bigger in the pocket. Possibly practicing with an all steel gun and caring the lightweight gun.

Not sure about the idiotic love for the 22 unless that’s all you can possibly handle obviously better than than harsh language ……
    Last edited by Navin Johnson; 08-16-2022 at 12:18 AM.

I tried, for years, to make a G43 in the pocket work. Autos suck for pocket carry. I carried it in a DeSantis nemesis pocket holster. The back of the slide would hang up on the draw a not insignificant amount of the time. I carry a M&P 340 in a Simply Rugged pocket holster that some guy named Bolke designed. It's what I carry when not carrying a gun. Last ditch, Rule #1, get off me, stick it in your eyeball and press till problem goes away. I wear it in shorts around the house when rolling out the garbage trolley. Or PJs when relaxing watching the Hallmark Channel with the wife. Not really; I don't watch the Hallmark Channel. For actual carry, I use a G48 in a JMCK IWB at 3:30 OR a G43 in an AIWB holster along with the J-frame in the strong side pocket. Maybe switch to an LCR in .327 Mag and carry .32 wadcutters in it? Along with another pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I don't reload.
    You need to talk to @Lost River.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post

Most of my pocket carry is in relaxed fit, pleated dress slacks with vertical pocket openings. The roominess not only helps concealment, but likely also helps my draw.

I am currently using a Pocket Concealment Systems Tomahawk holster.
    I agree completely on the type of slacks. I have also found that Wrangler cargo jeans/shorts work well. The pocket opening isn't vertical but it is a lot closer to it than most jeans. Carry the gun in main pocket and the velcro flap of the cargo pocket really helps to conceal the gun.

I am a member of the "full of age, full of pain"group.
    Over the last five or so years I really got into pocket carry.
    Nowadays I do it most of the time.

The key to a no snag draw and comfortable carry is the pants. Specifically the pockets.
    You will have to experiment with them and the holsters.

I have proven to myself with the right pants and holster you can draw a G26 100% no snag.

I use Lee pants and shorts and PCS Blackbird holsters.

Pictures sre G26 in Lee pants and a G43 and G26 in Pcs holsters.

Name:  IMG_0435.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  32.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0464.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  39.7 KB

Site Supporter
    I think it’s awesome that some of you guys can pull off carrying a G26 in a pocket. The jeans I wear are by no means skinny jeans, but I couldn’t get away with that. An LCRx is about the limit for me unfortunately.

User Tag List