Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Pocket Carry Advice

Site Supporter
    While this gun isn't available new anymore, I pocket a SW 432 (32 HR magnum) with https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=345 - their 32 SW Long wadcutters and it was manageable but I don't have hand problems yet (don't ask about legs and hips). Also the Fiocchi 32 longs were easy to shoot. They might work in an LCR. That's an empirical question.

I agree that drawing a J frame is easier than my G42 so I end up with it much ot the time.

To Feudist - good luck, I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    In my experience, Seecamp .32s are not great gun choices. They often break within a few hundred rounds and then the company takes forever to fix them and is impossible to communicate with. I have had this happen with 3 different Seecamps over the years.

I have never had a Seecamp that either came from the factory that worked OR lasted more than 200 rounds without breaking.

I picked up my first Seecamp .32 in the early 1990s at an out of the way Dallas gun store that has long since closed down. It was $380 at a time when these guns were selling for something like $800+ on the open market, and the company had at least a year waiting list on orders. I put about 200 rounds of Silvertip through the gun and it worked. So when I found a second one at the same store for the same price I bought it, but it did not work. It took 8 months of faxes and letters and certified letters to the factory to get it repaired. I got it back and it worked.

A few years later I was firing the original Seecamp and it broke. I doubt the gun had more than 400 rounds through it. Sent it back to the factory for repair and went through the same thing. Finally after 10 months the factory called me back and told me that they could not fix it because they changed their machinery so they would send me a replacement. I accepted their offer, testfired it for 200 rounds, and called it good. I later wound up selling the older one, while the newer one languished in the safe. In 2013 I took it shooting and it broke within a box of ammo. Sent it back and it took forever to get repaired. It now resides somewhere in my safe. I am not really sure why I still have it, but I am afraid to test fire it for fear it may break. I probably need to sell it along with a number of other things.
    I had bad luck with two .25 ACP Seecamps, in the Eighties. The slide of the first one warped, the first time it got warm, from being test-fired. The dealer quickly swapped it for a second one, which worked quite well, for at least two or three years, until its firing pin broke. I then owned a very-early-Nineties LWS-32, which ran fine for a number of years, but, it was such a niche pistol, I eventually sold it, with some amount of carry wear, for what I had paid for it. (I sold it during the period when like-new and new ones were being sold at inflated speculator’s prices, if one could find them for sale.)

Perhaps the bad samples tend to break, relatively early in their service life?

I seem to remember there being a collective consensus that early .32 Seecamps, before a specific serial number, were best avoided. I remember that the one I had, at the time, which was my second LWS-32, acquired new, after prices stabilized, which I still have. was past that serial number. I have long forgotten the cut-off point of the to-be-avoided samples, but agree that one should do the diligent homework, if considering depending upon a Seecamp pistol, for defense.

When prices stabilized, to being able to buy them at ~MSRP, I bought my “replacement” LWS-32, new, which I still have. I knock on wood, when I say that it has been reliable. I have added a couple more well-preserved LWS-32 Seecamps, since retiring, but the panic-demic ammo situation has, thus far, caused me to defer vetting them.
    Last edited by Rex G; 08-17-2022 at 11:27 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Have you tried the .380?
    No sir I have not.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    No sir I have not.
    I have the .380 Seecamp and it has run fine for me but is MISERABLE TO SHOOT. Totally uncomfortable. Batter my trigger finger immediately. Grip is so small that your trigger press is odd … just over all not that great in my opinion. I had an NAA Guardian in .32 that was sweet, smooth, and actually shot really well. I sold it to get the Seecamp. Big mistake. Wish I had the NAA again.

Have a Keltec P3AT that is over 23 years old … and still runs perfect. I have shot countess rounds through it (in pocket pistol terms…6k +easily… stopped counting after 2k vetting) and it still is the lightest , easiest, best one … but Keltec and all that…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List