Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The field belt

The field belt

Working on this.
    Name:  IMG_20220815_144341.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  69.4 KB
    I'm still waiting on an ats harness which I have on another belt.

This will be for hunting and I'm considering not mounting a handgun or mag and just keeping it in my normal EDC spots. I'll have a long gun in my hands. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the last 4 molle columns on each side.

I used to used this as a hunting belt but it kinda got stuck as my M1 belt.
    Name:  IMG_20220815_155351.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  23.3 KB

Site Supporter
    outside my lane

some type of "Suspender" attachments to spread the weight a bit?
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    outside my lane

some type of "Suspender" attachments to spread the weight a bit?
    Absolutely, I think my 2nd sentence covers that. It should be here in a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the last 4 molle columns on each side.
    I keep water, a small amount of food, bare-bones survival/FAK, and what I need to kill/dress an animal with me at all times. I'd focus the belt on that. If the Molle columns are still open once all of that has been handled, then maybe leave them open.

I put everything else into a ruck or daypack depending on the game and how I plan to hunt.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

If any of the small pouches are for M1 clips, this twin pouch is the best I've found:
    https://olongapooutfitters.com/equip...nd-belt-pouch/
    Also works well for .308/30-06/8mm on strippers.
    However, it looks like they are out of stock.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 08-19-2022 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I keep water, a small amount of food, bare-bones survival/FAK, and what I need to kill/dress an animal with me at all times. I'd focus the belt on that. If the Molle columns are still open once all of that has been handled, then maybe leave them open.

I put everything else into a ruck or daypack depending on the game and how I plan to hunt.

Okie John
    Along with what you have I like a rope to drag the animal, binoculars, and poncho/ socks in case I get stuck. I use a ruck if I'm planing on spending a night.

The rear pouch is for tp, gun cleaning, socks, poncho, rope, and snacks.

One pouch is for first aid, the other for binoculars.

I typically like a little extra ammo and a knife too.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    If any of the small pouches are for M1 clips, this twin pouch is the best I've found:
    https://olongapooutfitters.com/equip...nd-belt-pouch/
    Also works well for .308/30-06/8mm on strippers.
    However, it looks like they are out of stock.
    The usgi m67 pouch work great and I like buckles over Velcro. I have heard great things about them though.

A dump pouch doesn’t take up much room or weight but comes in handy if you need to add unusual gear going in or find something in the field you want to carry out.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Along with what you have I like a rope to drag the animal, binoculars, and poncho/ socks in case I get stuck. I use a ruck if I'm planing on spending a night.

The rear pouch is for tp, gun cleaning, socks, poncho, rope, and snacks.

One pouch is for first aid, the other for binoculars.

I typically like a little extra ammo and a knife too.
    Sounds like we're pretty close. Knife and spare ammo fall under "kill/dress." Binos are understood. I use paper towels instead of TP because it helps avoid the dreaded punch-through.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    My dad had me bow hunting at age 12 with a surplus LC2 setup. I miss the M14 ammo pouches.

At the risk of seeming the LARPer I am using a BFG split front RACK Minimus. Almost slick on the right right side when bow hunting. I drive a minivan most of the time and frequently hike 1-1.5 hours from camp to my preferred hunting spots. My preferred ruck is a KIfaru, so the waistbelt interferes with a battle belt setup. I also prefer paper towels to TP, but only after I use all my Dude Wipes. So far that hasn't happened.

But my philosophy is the same.

pat

User Tag List