Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Florida police K9 chomps on man’s…

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Typical suspect bullshit after being bit. That was a good find and bite!
    I was pretty impressed with the officer being able to call him off the bite so easily. How common is that? I’ve seen quite a few a few videos of Police struggling pretty good to get a dog off a badguy once he’s biting.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I was pretty impressed with the officer being able to call him off the bite so easily. How common is that? I’ve seen quite a few a few videos of Police struggling pretty good to get a dog off a badguy once he’s biting.
    I would say it’s uncommon. That was a clean recall. Some agencies do that. The chances of the dog rebiting are high before he comes back and the potential for having to send the dog to recite someone is there. Usually people comply really well but there’s always the dumbass out there.

We didn’t use verbal outs on real bites. Generally we got people in handcuffs before removing the dog from the bite. We called it a tactical out and used the fur savers to control the dogs head and compress his neck/airway. The dog spits out the suspect and we’d back him away. I do cringe when you see handlers struggle to remove dogs from the bite.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List