Thread: Eric July’s Rippaverse Comics

Eric July’s Rippaverse Comics

Anybody following Eric July’s anti woke Rippaverse comic sensation? $1,000,000 + first day sales.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

https://volcomic.com/tag/ripaverse/
    Im not really a comic book guy but I had to buy one because liberal heads exploding as detailed below.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2022/...-campaign/amp/

Bleeding Cool is at the center of controversy again, this time for their failure in coverage of the largest crowdfund comic of all time in Eric July’s Isom #1. Rippa has, as of this writing, raised more than $3.2 million on his comic campaign.

The one piece Bleeding Cool published on the Rippaverse includes a passive-aggressive jab at the African-American creator,

I'm not a comic book guy either, but I've been following Eric July for a couple years.

Much of his comic book commentary is about how the major comic houses, and their derivative films, have been been riding the coat tails of their former glory. Either they're cheap reboots of the classics or they've gone woke. In many cases, both.

He's offering a fresh look at comics with new compelling characters, from an artist/author that "doesn't hate you," like the DC and Marvel types.

In addition to comic book commentary, he's been putting out interesting social and political commentary on his YouTube/Odysee channel (YoungRippa59). It's all from a very libertarian perspective. I listen to it occasionally.

3.x million in a week based on a half million YT subs and 150k Twitter followers is impressive. I understand he's a Blaze TV (Glenn Beck's online stuff) too.

I wish him all the best.
    David S.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Much of his comic book commentary is about how the major comic houses, and their derivative films, have been been riding the coat tails of their former glory. Either they're cheap reboots of the classics or they've gone woke. In many cases, both.
    My beloved Star Wars to a tee. Dave Feloni and Jon Favereu were able to sneak some classic Nerd born SciFantasy in with the Mandalorian but once corporate got a hold of it we got Book of Boba Fett and that turd Kenobi. Then of course there are the abominations that were the Sequels, nothing more than corporate reboots made by corporate hacks.

I don't follow any other franchises than Star Wars but they are all tied into the same Nerd Culture which I do follow. It really is a shame how the corporate takeover, social mainstreaming, and then catering to the SJWs has destroyed so many wonderful creations.

Another problem is that there's just way too much product being pushed out these days. Way too many movies and tv shows for each of the big Disney owned IP's.

One Star Wars film every couple of years was a huge occasion, and made things special. Likewise the slow build of the early days of the MCU, and the anticipation of putting it all together in the first Avenger's film, then the Infinity War saga.

Now, there's tv shows, multiple multiple movies, and it's just running together. The MCU had a reputation for being formulaic even during the early days, and it's become moreso even now. Now one can get away with formulaic media if it's not too frequent, but things are too frequent to get away with it.

So the suits turn to woke politics as a means to try and disguise the monotonous sameness of their product, hoping to fend off criticism by having the correct political views. It's not really working, though.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quantity over quality is the name of the game.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Quantity over quality is the name of the game.
    Which is actually counter-productive when producing pop culture- just look at disco.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Another problem is that there's just way too much product being pushed out these days. Way too many movies and tv shows for each of the big Disney owned IP's.

One Star Wars film every couple of years was a huge occasion, and made things special. Likewise the slow build of the early days of the MCU, and the anticipation of putting it all together in the first Avenger's film, then the Infinity War saga.

Now, there's tv shows, multiple multiple movies, and it's just running together. The MCU had a reputation for being formulaic even during the early days, and it's become moreso even now. Now one can get away with formulaic media if it's not too frequent, but things are too frequent to get away with it.

So the suits turn to woke politics as a means to try and disguise the monotonous sameness of their product, hoping to fend off criticism by having the correct political views. It's not really working, though.
    Pixar fell for it too. Maybe that was Disney’s influence. I was so excited for The incredibles 2 and wow what a letdown. Really Im sick and tired of the vet based shoot em up thrillers too. The last movie I paid to watch was Once upon a Time in Hollywood. Tarantino delivers almost everytime.
    Im really excited for this new comic. The artwork in adult comics is pretty darn good. Ive watched some of his interviews. As a kid his dream was to do this very thing, if Im not mistaken his dream was to work on Superman, and then the sjw’s turned the whole thing upside down. Maybe the major studios will pay notice, financially hes kicking their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    just look at disco.
    Yippee ki-yay

My copy came in today. Really nice packaging and cellophane wrapped.
    Name:  B330DBDA-34E9-451B-AA26-A57C464072E2.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  44.3 KB

User Tag List