Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E2HT 18350

E2HT 18350

A variation of the BG v.2 18350 EDC light, this one uses the Malkoff E2 Hyper Throw head in lieu of the Bodyguard v.2 head.

Rated at 500 lumens and 35,000 candela (vs. 1,000 lumens and 12,000 candela of the BG v.2 head), the E2HT has a smaller but more intense hot spot. Spill is just as wide as the BG v.2, but not as bright. In totally dark conditions, I find the spill of the E2HT more than adequate to see anything it covers out to about 30 feet.

Physically, the E2HT 18350 is identical to the BG v.2 18350 version. The head pulls 2.13 amps, meaning it will give 20 - 25 minutes of run time on a fully-charged 18350 1200 mAh cell. In comparison, the BG v.2 head pull 2.42 amps on high and 0.51 amps on low.

While the BG v.2 18350 is a superb general purpose EDC light, the E2HT can be thought of as a mini fight light. Its 35,000 candela beam can create a blinding photonic barrier and reach far into dark spaces where threats may be hiding, yet provides enough spill that nearby threats can still be detected.

If I could only carry one light it would still be the BG v.2 18350. But since I carry two, the E2HT 18350 is my primary go-to light and a BG v.2 18650 (2-cell body with an 18650 3,500 mAh cell) is my back-up that rides in the zippered right-front pocket of my Duluth Foreman's pants. The BG v.2 18650 will provide about six hours of run time on low (250 lumens), making it ideal for any situation where I'd need a usable level of light for an extended period of time.

The two lights together weigh 6.6 ounces and are very easy to EDC;

With daylight hours diminishing as we head towards the winter solstice, I remain of the opinion that one can never have too much EDC light capability.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Just for giggles, is it possible to run a pocket clip AND lanyard?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Just for giggles, is it possible to run a pocket clip AND lanyard?
    Yes, but the lanyard loop won't swivel - it will be locked in place.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Are you still doing builds for sale, and if so, how do we get in on that sweet, sweet candela action?

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    Are you still doing builds for sale, and if so, how do we get in on that sweet, sweet candela action?
    I am, shoot me a PM!

What light body is that?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    What light body is that?
    Body is a Lumens Factory E1 Classic Gen I.

Comparative beam shots can be found in this thread.

Site Supporter
    I think I like the Bodyguard V2 best with the 18350, but the E2HT could be nice with 16650 or 18650.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List