Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Gamer

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    They also host other games, such as Steel Challenge, Multi-Gun, and Cowboy Action which I am going to try to shoot soon.
    Stay away from Multi-Gun! I shot that CTC 3-Gun match with a borrowed shotgun and after that, it was either buy my own gamer shotgun or find a methadone clinic...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Stay away from Multi-Gun! I shot that CTC 3-Gun match with a borrowed shotgun and after that, it was either buy my own gamer shotgun or find a methadone clinic...
    Yep three gun is like a drug totally addicting.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    All the cool kids are shooting multigun. Don't you want to be cool?

I'll even let you shoot the first match for free... : D
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

I have the guns for multi gun, but sticking to pistol and cowboy action for now. It is just a phase after all, and will end when my time in AR is over.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    ...sticking to... cowboy action for now.
    No dress-up.

(That, and I can just tell that SASS has "money sink" written all over it... )
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Yeah, after a little more research, SASS is going to get spendy. Beyond what I am willing to spend that is.

The club where I would shoot requires lead bullets, loaded to 1000fps or less. I have two Vaquero's in .357, a Marlin 1894 in .357, and a SxS 12 gauge that would have been great. But I get free .357 ammo, and I am not about to buy new dies, lead bullets, etc. to shoot a downloaded, anemic, pathetic excuse for a bullet version of those guns. I may have crossed over into being a gamer temporarily, but I still want to shoot big boy cartridges.

And I don't/won't wear a hat or cowboy boots.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Cowboy action looks fun but the dress up and the fact I would have to buy 4 more guns and the fact I have barely enough time as it is means I probably won't do it until I am retired. Between three gun, USPSA, IDPA and Steel Challenge I just don't have time for another shooting sport.
    Pat

Yeah, I talked to some of the SASS guys at the club, and they were pretty adamant that after the first couple (meaning 2) of matches, they expect you to join the SASS (ok, that part is easy enough), and be in period attire, etc. The hat alone was a deal breaker for me, then add the boots and clothes? No way. But the real deal breaker was the lead bullets at less than 1000fps. I can't justify spending that kind of money on a once per month event, that I would only be doing for 20-24 months, of which, figure I would be missing at least 1/3rd of the matches due to scheduling conflicts.

Guess I can look into multi-gun. I have all the guns I need for that game as well. Thinking of doing "Heavy Metal" division. Finally have an excuse to use the Hk45, got the Larue Pred (if I ever get it back from a certain forum member who has it on loan and says it's not coming back), and I am picking up a Winchester Super X3 this weekend, which will free up my SX2 for the games, but still leaves me a shotgun for sporting clays.

The main limitations I have in this gamer gig is moving weapons, ammo, and equipment to Arkansas and back. Wish this range and these people were closer to my house.

I don't get the period attire thing.
    #RESIST

For me it depends on which period. I wouldn't wear the cowboy stuff either, but I'd consider dressing for a 1980s or 1970s match. Or maybe I'd dress like I were from the future for a sci-fi match.

User Tag List