Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RDS Policies

Quote Originally Posted by PNWOfc View Post
    Any idea if they have published any T&E results or memos on the subject by chance? Or evaluation results during consideration or thereafter?
    Only thing I was able to find was the bid. No data on the T&E, sorry

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWOfc View Post
    Any idea if they have published any T&E results or memos on the subject by chance? Or evaluation results during consideration or thereafter?
    Most agencies don’t publish such things but may provide them per official requests if not covered by NDAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    PM me your work email and I’ll send you ours. We authorize the RMR and a couple Holosuns. I’m testing the Steiner. Probably gonna add it. A neighboring department is issuing the Steiners.
    What about the thing with the Steiner MPS walking zeroes due to the kinda-sorta-but-not-quite Acro footprint?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    What about the thing with the Steiner MPS walking zeroes due to the kinda-sorta-but-not-quite Acro footprint?
    After making sure everything was loctited correctly, I haven’t had issues w zero shift. I’m using an FCD MOS ACRO plate.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Here's the current policy at my old org:
    Name:  IMG_8340.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  73.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Utah. Not Idaho.

They went from RMR to the Holosun 509.

https://www.bidnet.com/bneattachments?/623220367.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    Idaho state police issue g19 gen 5 with holosun 508t
    Apparently the Alaska State Troopers are transitioning from .40 cal Glocks to agency wide issue of 9mm Glocks with Holosun 509Ts.

Site Supporter
    Apparently the Alaska State Troopers are transitioning from .40 cal Glocks to agency wide issue of 9mm Glocks with Holosun 509Ts.
    Mesa AZ Police Department (3rds largest in AZ) has been issuing 509Ts to their new Officers in their Academy.

Mesa AZ Police Department (3rds largest in AZ) has been issuing 509Ts to their new Officers in their Academy.
    Interesting.

Sure sounds like the 509 is gaining alot of traction in the LE world.

Our SWAT team is issued 509's while road patrol and all other non tactical units are issued RMR's.

I'm following this as my hope is that we will have the option down the road to run a closed emitter sight.

Vending Machine Operator
    99% of the time I support agency switches to 9mm but I'd prefer .40 in Alaska. Slight better against critters.

That being said, I'm sure they've got 12GA slugs and .308s handy.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I issued 509T’s to all of my officers and they have survived with flying colors. On manual mode, we are averaging 5 months battery life. Each officer is instructed to check for slow blinking dots and TLR-7 functionality before every shift. Shift supervisors physically checks all weapons on their shift by the 15th of each month. RDS rollout has been a success for my department.

User Tag List