Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 with semi-excessively rigid breach lockup

Glock 19 with semi-excessively rigid breach lockup

I hadn't dry fired my Gen 3 19 in a while. And I've never noticed this rigid almost rough breech lockup before. Is this a common thing with G19's. My G48 and Gen 5 G17 are way smoother.

I'll hit the range with it today. I'm just concerned cleaning disassembling and adding a Ghost Edge connector I put something in slightly off?

Thanks for your help.

Clip below:

https://i.imgur.com/PDMPmm3.mp4
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by rawkguitarist View Post
    I hadn't dry fired my Gen 3 19 in a while. And I've never noticed this rigid almost rough breech lockup before. Is this a common thing with G19's. My G48 and Gen 5 G17 are way smoother.

I'll hit the range with it today. I'm just concerned cleaning disassembling and adding a Ghost Edge connector I put something in slightly off?

Thanks for your help.

Clip below:

https://i.imgur.com/PDMPmm3.mp4
    Gen3 guns if I’m recalling correctly had a different surface finish -“Tenifer”- which from my perception is not as smooth as Gen5 Glocks.
    I don’t get any sound from your video; but just taking the slide out of battery slightly negates the process of the action fully cycling.
    It’s also possible that the aftermarket connector is putting too much pressure internally on the slide. If the piece didn’t do it before the connector change, strong indication that’s it, from where I sit…

I'd wager a PF Dollar that its the aftermarket connector dragging on the slide, at the top nub that "disconnects" the trigger bar from the connector, as the slide moves rearward upon cycling, by hitting the machined "nub" on the slide.

I make that wager having not watched any of the linked video/images.

I highly doubt its the barrel/slide lockup that is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I'd wager a PF Dollar that its the aftermarket connector dragging on the slide, at the top nub that "disconnects" the trigger bar from the connector, as the slide moves rearward upon cycling, by hitting the machined "nub" on the slide.

Yeah, that did occur to me too. I'll take it out and give it a little bend.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post

Agree, I've experienced this before in a Glock with a modified connector and housing.

@WDR that does seem to be what was going on. It's still a little tight, but it's better. I had allowed the Ghost connector to remain a little more bent out than usually, hypothesizing it might weight the trigger JUST A BIT. Because after putting it in, the trigger was just too light. But the angle of the connector was just a bit too far.

Talked to Oliver at Ghost about getting more weight on the trigger, because I really dig the way the Edge connector has a smooth roll to wall break. So he suggested putting in a heavier striker spring. That increased the weight to where I want it. For good measure I also put a new plunger spring in.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec

Site Supporter
    That the aftermarket connecter caused the problem is a clue. Stick with OEM ignition parts.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

I've had similar issues with a Ghost connector. I know some guys "tune" the angle that the connector sits in the housing but I just went back to OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    That the aftermarket connecter caused the problem is a clue. Stick with OEM ignition parts.
    I've had the same issue with OEM Gen5 parts. There is a shelf on trigger housing that the connector can catch on.

User Tag List