Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 19 with semi-excessively rigid breach lockup

No disrespect intended, but please don’t carry that piece for “social purposes” with that connector, adjusted or not. Distinct possibility you could end up with a dead trigger…

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I've had the same issue with OEM Gen5 parts. There is a shelf on trigger housing that the connector can catch on.
    As have I. In that case, just toss the OEM housing and/or connecter and replace with new OEM parts. Bending or modding any critical parts OEM or aftermarket, to make them fit or work is, IMHO, a no-go. It’s just too easy and cheap to source new parts to do otherwise.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    No disrespect intended, but please don’t carry that piece for “social purposes” with that connector, adjusted or not. Distinct possibility you could end up with a dead trigger…
    It’s a training/competition pistol. Other than putting an Overwatch trigger with an OEM trigger bar I don’t do anything to the trigger mechanisms for my carry pistol.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    That the aftermarket connecter caused the problem is a clue. Stick with OEM ignition parts.
    So it wasn’t the aftermarket connector. I put the OEM back in... yesterday shot strong hand only. Started going right before battery and stopped. Pushed it into battery and fired... same thing.

Something else is going wrong. It truly feels like the problem occurs RIGHT at BREECH.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec

Site Supporter
    Do you have a chunk of something stuck in the RSA? Is it seated correctly? Is the slide lock in its proper place?
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Do you have a chunk of something stuck in the RSA? Is it seated correctly? Is the slide lock in its proper place?
    First, thanks for chiming in with your help.

I actually tried a band new RSA from my maintenance bin. I haven't dug into the slide lock and locking block. Will do and get back.

Thanks
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec

I forgot that I put in a new firing pin safety spring. Could that not being broken in maybe cause my symptom?

Also, regarding your question about the slide lock. Assuming you're talking the slide lock/take down lever - its good. Locking block isn't cracked (thats only happened to me once though, after about 30k rounds on an old 17). Pins all lined up correctly, tension when installing.

Basically, I've swapped every part in the gun. So I'm hoping its maybe the firing pin safety spring.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec

Firing pin safety spring disconnected?

If the f.p. safety spring is not attached it can get sideways and cause issues…

User Tag List