Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trigger & Trigger weight

@Danko

Name:  D791C23C-99C6-4B97-B173-F2E300F9D007.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  35.8 KB

Trigger weight is important but so is travel and reset.

And mechanism of action.

For example a 6 pound revolver trigger will feel much different than a 6 pound 1911 trigger.

In general you really can’t go wrong on a defensive gun with 5-6 pounds.

Also if you learn how to shoot with a heavier trigger well, a lighter trigger later will be a breeze.

Best of luck in your firearm education and journey!

Site Supporter
    Thank you! I'll surely check out that chart.

The chart from Apex that JCN posted shows that with the Apex flat faced trigger kit you can mix/match components to vary the weight and feel of the trigger. There are videos online to demonstrate how to swap out the parts so it isn't that hard to figure out.

Go to Brownell's.com to buy a Lyman Digital Scale to test your trigger weight. I've had one for over 20 years and they are well worth it if you tinker with your guns.

The Apex will give you a different feel of the trigger. You have to ask yourself why you want it. If you are shooting competitively it may be worth the quicker break but for the average shooter save your money.

I'd take Duke up on his offer if you really want to test one out and that's the best way to decide if you like it unless you know of someone with the Apex. I personally like their products and think they do a great job but I'm a gamer.

Easy way to send a message is to put your cursor on the person's name and it will ask you if you want to send a private message.

User Tag List