Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolke on Frank Hamer's guns

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    47 minutes is kind of long for a YT video, but DB is an engaging speaker and you can run the video at 1.5x (which I do for anything longer than a couple minutes...short attention span ya know).
    I downloaded the podcast and listened to it at 1.25x. I had read some things about Frank Hamer, but I didn't know that his preferred distance for target shooting with a handgun was 100 yards.

Texas Ranger: The Epic Life of Frank Hamer, the Man Who Killed Bonnie and Clyde by John Boessenecker is 99 cents for Kindle.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 08-13-2022 at 09:55 AM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

That was a very enjoyable and informative 47 minutes.
    Was it just me, or did DB sound quite *relaxed*?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    That podcast was awesome

Good podcast. Very informative, with new stuff I had not previously read. (I will not do the book that zucks, so, rarely see what DB writes.) Thanks for posting the link! I, too, am very much looking forward to DB’s book. I shall need to dig up my copy of the Boessenacker book, for some summer reading. And, yes, I’ll need to see if I can get Netflix to let me* play the very fictionalized screenplay/movie, yet again. (It does, especially, irk me that the screen writer(s) got Maney Gault so very wrong. Saying that he was written as a “composite” character is a lame excuse.)

*We have a legitimate Netflix account, but reloading a movie, that has “expired,” can sometimes be frustrating.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I'll have to go back and listen to that one. Guns magazine podcasts are in my usual rotation, but looking back I somehow skipped that one. Must have been busy that week.

It’s very cool to hear someone who cares about the history and has the technical knowledge run it down. Thanks!

Listened to this while running errands yesterday, thoroughly enjoyable!

Doing some exploring in Wyoming this week.

A few of the guns Daryl mentioned were on prominent display.

First two pictures were from the National Museum of Military Vehicles (Dubois, WY) and the Buffalo Bill Cody Center (Cody).

Name:  D3C01AA4-3F15-4F38-9A45-8CFDE3D46C03.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  61.8 KB

that Monitor is beautiful.
    Name:  DA94BEC4-178B-4DCE-A45F-ECB12AA34D51.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  64.1 KB

Name:  BF96F78E-18A0-4CD5-B84A-AFBB1714B839.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  56.5 KB

That .30 Cutts Compensator would be interesting to ride. If proportionately louder than on a shotgun, though it is a real loudener.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I downloaded the podcast and listened to it at 1.25x. I had read some things about Frank Hamer, but I didn't know that his preferred distance for target shooting with a handgun was 100 yards.

Texas Ranger: The Epic Life of Frank Hamer, the Man Who Killed Bonnie and Clyde by John Boessenecker is 99 cents for Kindle.
    Thanks! Bought a copy.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List