Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolke on Frank Hamer's guns

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I just got a good laugh out of the fact that Clyde Barrow stole all of the most advanced weaponry from all these different armories and so forth but in the end he wound up getting clapped by some local hayseed with a loaner deer rifle.

Perfection.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    You can give a punk a gun, but it doesn't make him a gunfighter. If anything Clyde Barrow was just a punk ass bitch.

I loved the deer rifle hook as well. The whole thing is gold.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    DB is doing another episode with Guns any time that will be almost as fun as this one was.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Darryl’s lecture on this topic at Revolver Roundup 2021 was a highlight.
    Absolutely concur. I was pretty beat up from teaching but I made sure to make it to that one.

Great!

Now I've got a hankering for a 35 Remington.

Did an awesome job. Not only did he dispel many inaccuracies, but I also enjoyed the whole "the problems we face now are not exactly new" theme.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Great!

Now I've got a hankering for a 35 Remington.

Did an awesome job. Not only did he dispel many inaccuracies, but I also enjoyed the whole "the problems we face now are not exactly new" theme.
    I was looking up Remington Model 8s five minutes after finishing the podcast.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

That was amazingly cool.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Slightly off topic but,

One of the things about that whole situation that was somewhat amazing and quite infuriating to me is the celebrity status that those two held at that time. Despite the fact they're cold-blooded murderers people thought of them as Heroes.

Can't help but wonder how someone like that would be doing in the public eye now, or if we had taken social media back into the 1930s.

Slightly off topic but,

One of the things about that whole situation that was somewhat amazing and quite infuriating to me is the celebrity status that those two held at that time. Despite the fact they're cold-blooded murderers people thought of them as Heroes.

Can't help but wonder how someone like that would be doing in the public eye now, or if we had taken social media back into the 1930s.
    Just look at how the public looks at Michael Brown (shot while he tried to kill a police officer), Alton Sterling (shot while he was pulling out a handgun while struggling with police officers), and Jacob Blake (shot while attempting to take his kids’ mother’s vehicle with their kids inside with a knife in his hand).
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Slightly off topic but,

It’s an American tradition. Think bike to the dime novels about Jessie James or any number of other western outlaws.
    Because of our national origin story and Judeo-Christian traditions we love a good underdog to a fault. Add to that the Great Depression and people getting to read about somebody taking it to the Banks who crashed the economy and the whole celebrity thing makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    It’s an American tradition. Think bike to the dime novels about Jessie James or any number of other western outlaws.
    Because of our national origin story and Judeo-Christian traditions we love a good underdog to a fault. Add to that the Great Depression and people getting to read about somebody taking it to the Banks who crashed the economy and the whole celebrity thing makes sense.
    This, plus our media has always been in the fiction business. The sheer credulity of reporters, the cynicism of editors(if it bleeds, it leads) and the political involvement of publishers from Franklin to Hearst to Ted Turner ensures that they are writing narratives instead of reporting facts.

User Tag List