Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger Single-Six Single-Ten Thread

Ruger Single-Six Single-Ten Thread

I have been searching for a .22 revolver to sustain me through this wonderful economy but they have been hard to locate in my area. Local shop had this one used. It appears unfired. The previous owner was kind enough to sexy up the grips for me. They are a little more hand filling than factory grips which is appreciated. I would prefer the 5 1/4” barrel and a black rear sight but I’ll not complain. Shop threw in the holster for “free.”

Name:  FF98A54B-CCD3-4D8C-9A3C-56BFA77EA8D5.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  63.8 KB

Name:  0393FF91-2DBB-403D-AF1C-70EC35DCB2D7.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  61.4 KB

Nice!

I can’t read the maker’s mark on the holster, who’s the maker?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Should be a fun gun to shoot! I have a 6 shot 22LR/22WMR convertible with the same barrel length. It's usually the gun I start new shooters on until I'm confident in their muzzle discipline.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Nice!

I can’t read the maker’s mark on the holster, who’s the maker?
    It is a bit hard to read but it says “Jackson Leatherworks” around the edge. In the middle it says “Soli Deo Gloria”

Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    It's usually the gun I start new shooters on until I'm confident in their muzzle discipline.
    In addition to shooting for my own enjoyment, I also thought this would be an excellent “new shooter” gun.

My first handgun was a stainless Single-Six, a gift on turning 16. It was a faaarrr higher quality gun than I deserved, and it got stolen in my early 20s.

I just won a GB auction for a replacement, and it warms my cold heart to see others with these neato and nice guns.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Dear OP, your new gun is beautiful!

Would you like to see a thread on Single-Sixes begin in this forum, or would you prefer to see it comingle with the discussion of your new gun?

Are there any sorts of matches in your area that you could bring your pistol to shoot?
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Dear OP, your new gun is beautiful!

Would you like to see a thread on Single-Sixes begin in this forum, or would you prefer to see it comingle with the discussion of your new gun?

Are there any sorts of matches in your area that you could bring your pistol to shoot?
    Thank you!

I would welcome any discussion in this thread related to Single-Sixes.

There are probably matches in my area but since I have young kids this piece will be confined to farm plinking for the the foreseeable future.

One of my favorites even though it doesn't see the range time it should. 1968 Super Single Six, came to me without the Magnum cylinder but with the stocks already carved.

Name:  Single Six 1.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  59.7 KB

I waited too late to get on the Single 10 bandwagon. By the time I kind of thought I wanted one the prices had gone up and I've never looked to see what the going rate is nowadays.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post

I would welcome any discussion in this thread related to Single-Sixes.
    The gun I learned to shoot with, as a kid, given to me by my dad as a (thankfully) very early inheritance. A ‘56 flatgate:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List