Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Single-Six Single-Ten Thread

I fear that it would be obnoxious for me to go actually like every post in this thread, so hopefully it's cool if I just admit to the feeling once here.

Your Single-Ten will certainly be living its best life as a farm gun! My family moved out onto some rural acreage the when I was in high school, and it was always ok to grab the pistol, head out the back door, walk and shoot. The local range put on a combined "action/bullseye" rimfire rifle-pistol shoot. My SS and Marlin Model 60 were hilariously goofy compared to the dudes who were showing up to win. As, uh, was my score
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    The local range put on a combined "action/bullseye" rimfire rifle-pistol shoot. My SS and Marlin Model 60 were hilariously goofy compared to the dudes who were showing up to win. As, uh, was my score
    Just having a good time while shooting is it's own form of winning in my humble (yet correct) opinion.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    I picked up a '96-vintage stainless Single Six a couple of months ago. Swapped the original grips for a set of checkered maple LS Grips.

I have no explanation as to why it took me this long to get one of these...

Name:  20220508_202710.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  60.3 KB
    Name:  20220513_184009.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  77.3 KB

Love the light grips over stainless.

I'm a 5.5" kind of guy, but it's all wonderful and there no wrong choices, and I'm always curious what long-barreled stuff is like.

Are there any consensus (hahaha-yeah right-i bet) around ammunition perferences? I'm so out of touch, I'm finally down to my last few bricks of AutoMatch from the Way Before Times, I don't know what the SS/9/10 preferences might be?

I love all the different ways that I've seen sights on these guns.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Are there any consensus (hahaha-yeah right-i bet) around ammunition perferences?
    Every 22 is a law unto itself, amigo. Finding the best ammo is part of the journey.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Yes sir! I assume that's also true in .22 WMR, but is it also true for the HMRs, and were there ever any MachII?

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Every 22 is a law unto itself, amigo. Finding the best ammo is part of the journey.

Okie John
    So true.

That said, the journey often starts with CCI mini mag.

JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Swapped the original grips for a set of checkered maple LS Grips.
    Those grip really go with the stainless look. Nice piece!

Between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    I would prefer the 5 1/4” barrel and a black rear sight but I’ll not complain.
    I wouldn't complain either.

We had a bunch of Single Sixes come and go back in the day, and most of them were 5-1/2" guns, because Ruger wasn't offering the 4-5/8" option in stainless... and my eyes worked just fine with the longer sight radius in those days. I tended towards stainless guns with rubber Pachmayr grips on them to make them feel like similarly-equipped Blackhawks.

If I were to take up the SA .22 today, I'd probably just get a blued Single Six Convertible in 4-5/8" because it would be easier to find than a blued 4-5/8" Lipsey's Single Ten.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Yes sir! I assume that's also true in .22 WMR, but is it also true for the HMRs, and were there ever any MachII?
    I didn’t realize/remember they did an HMR model. Totally useless for any realistic application I’d have but I do find it intriguing.

AFA a M2 version, I don’t think they did one but someone makes aftermarket cylinders for the Single series so one might be available. Not sure if there’s a difference in bore sizes like the LR/WMR but there probably is. I’ll have to dig through my links tonight and find the maker.

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    If I were to take up the SA .22 today, I'd probably just get a blued Single Six Convertible in 4-5/8" because it would be easier to find than a blued 4-5/8" Lipsey's Single Ten.
    Wow, a quick GB search turned up just a single S10 and it looks like a 5.5”. Might be worth picking up the barrel length you want in a S6 and adding the aftermarket cylinder I mentioned. I’m 95% sure he offers/offered them as a 10 shot.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List