Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ruger Single-Six Single-Ten Thread

I just took a quick look for some .327 and .32 Mag Rugers. The prices are…eye watering….
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

And that hurts to hear! I keep staying curious about .32 performance, but the ammo cost...

May I share my new shiny Single?

Name:  0EFB1A9D-39AA-4AD2-BB57-4AB3FACA15FB.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  67.2 KB

It appeases in first glance that the sub-frame is steel and that the ejector rod is aluminum. My first time ever holding a Bisley, and while it is different than the SAA-ish pattern of my first one, I enjoy it enough that I’m now more ambivalent about a No. 5 shape- I waver back and forth now.

I was curious to experience a fixed sight Bisley 6-shot in blued. That it has this very “of its time” topstrap.

It might take me some time to figure out if my pinky belongs on or under the frame. I’m down to only a few thousand rounds- I will crush them before I even think about touching this with a gunsmith. I am thinking, however, that some black-ebony grips with the red Ruger medallion might add gravitas.

Has anyone ever tried to work some creative engraving over that barrel stamping, like some tattoo cover-up artist?
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    My very first gun, purchased with my own money while I was an out of state student in Colorado (CSU). Seventeen years old I went into a local hardware store and bought a Super Single-Six, 5.5". It was in 1967 (pre-GCA '68) and I kept it in my dorm room until I could get a ride out to the mountains or prairie to go shooting. It stayed with my mother after I joined the army later that year. Back from Vietnam and a civilian again I had a case of Magnum-itis and soon ended up with a 357 Blackhawk, a 44 Blackhawk, and a reloading set up, paid for with money I'd saved while in Nam. A couple years later I traded off the Super S-S because I hadn't shot it in those intervening years.

I was never bitten by the 22 bug again, even after I bought 22 Conversion kits for my Government Model 45 and later one for my Commander, lured by the idea of cheep practice. Never shot either one more than enough to know they worked. Only the Commander version remains and I kept it because the old Commander cracked its alloy frame in three places. All it's good for now is as a 22. Still haven't shot it since I got it. Obviously YMMV!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    And that hurts to hear! I keep staying curious about .32 performance, but the ammo cost...
    I’ve been down the .32/.327 road multiple times and they’re fun until the new wears off AKA it’s time to buy more ammunition. If I reloaded or was a serious small game hunter I could see them as a great step between .22 and .38 wadcutters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Has anyone ever tried to work some creative engraving over that barrel stamping, like some tattoo cover-up artist?
    I haven’t seen or heard of it with engraving but a couple of guys have removed the warning with careful filing and sanding. I believe they were on stainless which meant blending instead of refinishing but I’m sure one of the custom ‘smiths is more than willing to remove it and refinish.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Name:  IMG_20220825_104156.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  39.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_20220825_104208.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  34.7 KB
    I've carried this guy for a few miles.

I don't think I've shot it for 5-6 years though.

I was able to put some rounds through the Single 10 on Sunday. I was impressed with the accuracy and the trigger. My only minor niggle is that cocking the hammer isn’t SAA smooth.

Great fun overall.

Anyone have a suggestion for an all black rear adjustable sight that will work with the factory fiber optic front sight?

Bumping this back up for some input.......anyone have a suggestion for an all black rear adjustable sight that will work with the factory fiber optic front sight?

I like the fiber front but my Single 10 also has a fiber on the rear sight and it is....distracting.

User Tag List