Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wake County NC Deputy shot and killed

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Wow. Classy.
    #RESIST

I have found that those who have shown both great honor and leadership during my career were few and far between. I was fortunate to work for two or possibly three, and I'd have done anything for them...happily.

Others...not so much.

This sheriff sounds like part of the latter group.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I have found that those who have shown both great honor and leadership during my career were few and far between. I was fortunate to work for two or possibly three, and I'd have done anything for them...happily.

Others...not so much.

This sheriff sounds like part of the latter group.
    Sad but true.

L.E. can attract truly poisonous people and they have a marked ability to exploit the promotional system. Quite a few of my Chain of Command were despicable even in comparison to career criminals.
    The damage they do to the department and the citizens is simply incalculable.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Second suspect has been arrested.

Byrd was buried yesterday…by all accounts he was a good dude. There are several rumors floating around as to what happened and how he was murdered. I suspect we will hear the truth eventually.

His boss however, is a douche canoe. He initially rejected any outside help (SBI, FBI, USMS, etc), which is why it took so long for an arrest. Someone finally stepped in and told him that if he didn’t let other agencies help that he’d be removed from the investigation. This same sheriff got rid of the 287(g) program as soon as he took office. Ironically, the suspect was/is illegal and had been arrested a few times over the past couple years.

It’s a sad day/time in LE when politics run’s amuck in a murder investigation, more-so when it’s a LEO that was killed. This sheriff is a one term sheriff as he just lost in the primary by a very large margin. I don’t know if he’s just butt hurt or if he truly is this big of an idiot. Probably a bit of both.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mex...y-us-illegally

Mexicans charged with murder of North Carolina sheriff’s deputy in US illegally: ICE
    Wake County K9 Deputy Ned Byrd was killed on Aug. 11

Two Mexican nationals charged with the murder of a North Carolina sheriff’s deputy were in the country illegally, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) confirmed to Fox News Digital on Friday.

ICE confirmed that it had issued immigration detainers for Alder Alfonso Marin Sotelo, 25, and Arturo Marin Sotelo 29, who were both charged with murder. Additionally, the agency had issued a detainer for Rolando Marin Sotelo, 22, who is charged with illegal possession of a weapon.

Alder Alfonso Marin Sotelo and Arturo Marin Sotelo are charged with the murder of Wake County K9 Deputy Ned Byrd, who was shot and killed on Aug. 11 when patrolling a neighborhood in response to multiple 911 calls.

Moments before he died, Byrd got out of his vehicle but left his dog inside, Sheriff Gerald Baker told FOX 8 last month. The fact he left his dog inside "tells us that what he got out on didn’t appear to be any sort of threat or require any sort of need for his partner.

Byrd was shot multiple times and was found wearing protective gear, according to FOX 8.

ICE told Fox News Digital that the elder brothers had both entered the U.S. illegally "on an unknown date, at an unknown place" that was not a port of entry — meaning they likely evaded Border Patrol agents.

Arturo Marin Sotelo had been encountered by Border Patrol agents near Naco, Arizona, in June 2010 and had been deported to Mexico via voluntary return through Tucson, Arizona. However, he later re-entered the country.

ICE said that Rolando Marin Sotelo, the younger brother now facing a weapons charge, was encountered as an unaccompanied child in 2019, and was issued a voluntary return in Arizona. However, he was encountered two months later by Border Patrol in Texas, and was released into the U.S. via humanitarian parole.

According to ICE, his immigration hearing was scheduled for April 2023. Details of the brothers’ illegal immigration status were first reported by Breitbart News.

ICE detainers are requests that illegal immigrants in law enforcement custody be transferred to ICE when eventually released from custody. ICE issues them when they believe that someone is deportable. The Biden administration had limited immigration enforcement actions to focusing on recent border crossers and national security and public safety threats — but that guidance is currently blocked by a court order. However, Wake County is a "sanctuary" jurisdiction, meaning it limits cooperation with ICE.

The Marin Sotelo brothers’ immigration status has already led to questions from the state’s lawmakers. Sen. Thom Tillis, R-N.C., and Rep. Ted Budd, R-N.C., wrote to Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas this week requesting information about the suspects.

"This raises significant questions about how they entered the country, why they were able to remain in the United States, and whether robust immigration enforcement would have apprehended them sooner and prevented the death of Deputy Byrd," they said in the letter.

The lawmakers are requesting "the alien files and all relevant and pertinent information" on the suspects.

Border Patrol agents have so far had over two million migrant encounters this fiscal year, while more than 500,000 illegal immigrants are believed to have evaded agents and fled into the U.S.

This is shameful. Beyond shameful.

A terrible loss.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

These dudes were straight up cartel.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    These dudes were straight up cartel.
    Do you have some specific basis for that statement ?

Site Supporter
    The deputy's family held a press conference accusing the sheriff of callousness, indifference, retaliation against Deputy Byrd's fellow canine handlers, and resfusal to accept offers of assistance from outside agencies. I suspect it will be a long three months until that lame duck leaves office.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    The deputy's family held a press conference accusing the sheriff of callousness, indifference, retaliation against Deputy Byrd's fellow canine handlers, and resfusal to accept offers of assistance from outside agencies. I suspect it will be a long three months until that lame duck leaves office.
    Well, maybe (hopefully) it’ll be sooner.

https://www.wral.com/petition-filed-...s-up/20461868/

User Tag List