Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo crates on sale at Amazon today for $13, $6 off

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Does the "Ammo Crate" label peel off cleanly?
    Yes. Last thing I want folks to think is that those boxes on my roof rack are filled with ammo.

Site Supporter
    I have four crates and 14 ammo cans. I do recommend adhering to the listed weight capacity. There are foam inserts available for pistol and magazine storage / transportation by MTM and by other companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Thanks!

Good thing I’m not in dire need, Prime delivery September 8.
    Mine updated this morning from the September 6 to August 22.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Mine is September something as of an email this morning, and I jumped right on it.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Not just for these specific crates, but for MTM's plastic cans in general, anyone have good luck painting them and having it stick? Anyone dye them? I'd like to turn one of my tan ones into red, at least the lid or some portion of it, to help designate it as my first aid can. It's *usually* in the same spot in the jeep, but sometimes it's not.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Not just for these specific crates, but for MTM's plastic cans in general, anyone have good luck painting them and having it stick? Anyone dye them? I'd like to turn one of my tan ones into red, at least the lid or some portion of it, to help designate it as my first aid can. It's *usually* in the same spot in the jeep, but sometimes it's not.
    Some of them are available in orange. There’s a dry box with multiple compartments I’ve thought about getting in orange for a first aid kit myself.

I have painted on of the tan crates black so as to be less visible in the back seat of my truck. It’s not subject to frequent handling but I’ve not noticed it wearing off.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    If you can fit it in a 30-cal can, there's the Sheffield 12636 red, made in U.S.A.

Amazon is NOT the place to buy them right now.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I would try Krylon for Plastic first - it usually adheres well.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I would try Krylon for Plastic first - it usually adheres well.
    I have found Krylon to work on plastics. I ideally scuff them up with sandpaper a little bit to make it adhere better.

Good stuff, thanks for the info.

User Tag List