Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lithium is dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post

This sounds like the ultimate shooter's amusement park attraction. How much do you think people would pay to machine-gun barrels of explosive toxic waste on the surface of a frozen lake?

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Now THAT’S a detail I’d volunteer for!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I remember high school chemistry. Mr. Goldsmith ('Au'Smith) took a small chunk of pure sodium and dropped it in a clear beaker of water. The reaction was violent. Probably would not be permitted in schools today.
    Mr Knutson did the same for my high school chemistry class. Mr Knutson liked to play Monty Python and the Holy Grail for classes too. Because science!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Our teacher demonstrated the Na in water trick. Some folks would take the bottles with some sodium in water and throw them in a lake and then shoot them with a 22.

I watched some old monster movie where the monsters attacked a high school. They came from the sea and the kids remembered that sodium reacted against water and the monsters were full of water (being from the sea), thus they got what looked like big ice cream container (like the ones in the ice cream cone store) full of sodium. They then stuck their hands in the 'sodium' and threw it at the monsters. The monsters then blew up! That's a plan!
    Sounds like "The Horror of Party Beach", which also made for a classic MST 3k episode.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List