Thread: Maybe AIWB?

Site Supporter

Maybe AIWB?

Welp…I now have AIWB holsters for my 3” M10, my Walther P99C, and my full-size M&P40. I probably need to give this a try.

Yes you do. 3" k frames aiwb are so comfortable.

I have (mostly) fully transitioned to AIWB. I have a couple of fancy BBQ rigs that I still like and will carry. What holster makers did you go with?

I like AIWB so much that I am getting a 5Shot SME made.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    What holster makers did you go with?
    The ones for the M&P and 3" K frame were bought used, they're the basic JMCK ones. I forget who made the one for the P99C; it's a holster with a bunch of mounting holes that I've been using as an IWB but can be switched to AIWB mode. The one for the M&P may not work for the gun I have coming since the holster is the "high guard" version and my incoming gun has a thumb safety. Oh, and I just remembered, I have an AIWB holster by an unknown maker for a 2" J frame too.

This made AWIB so much better for me. https://clingerholsters.com/product/clinger-cushion/

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    This made AWIB so much better for me. https://clingerholsters.com/product/clinger-cushion/
    I've seen those mentioned a few times on other forums. Can you provide some more of your experiences with them? I generally struggle with AIWB comfort and find this cushion intriguing.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I've seen those mentioned a few times on other forums. Can you provide some more of your experiences with them? I generally struggle with AIWB comfort and find this cushion intriguing.
    I carry a lightweight commander AWIB in a JM Custom rig. The holster would get annoying after a few hours. A buddy told me about the Clinger Pads and he swore by them. So I ordered 4. I added the pad and never looked back. I think it’s the best accessory for anything I’ve purchased in years.

I also have a Tenicor Velo for a G17. The G17/Velo became my son’s training setup and I added the Clinger pad and he loved it.

My buddy told me to get the largest Clinger and I did. No complaints but I also have no comparative experience with smaller pads. The Clinger comes with a bunch of 3/4” black Velcro rounds to add to the back of a holster in order to affix the pad. I wasn’t happy with the way the pad attached. I had a supply of Velcro 2” wide peel & stick roll. I covered the entire body side of the holsters with my Velcro and the Clinger is attached rock solid everywhere. I would recommend doing the same. You can cover the body side of multiple holsters and add the Clinger to the holster you are using.

It won’t cost you much to try it and I think anyone would like it.

Comfy wedge pillows can be found here:

https://www.mastermindtactics.com/

Foam wedges can create "hot spots" if you are carrying for a long time.

I've had excellent results with both JM Custom Kydex and Black Rhino Concealment appendix holsters.
    Last edited by medmo; 08-13-2022 at 12:27 AM.

User Tag List