Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gen XYMZ

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Accurate. I even evaded a kidnapping attempt circa 1983.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    No problem with bugs, but in the South, if you didn't run it long enough you got a mouthful of literal boiling water.

Chris
    Here, too. When I fill up a watering can to go water a couple of hydrangeas, I have to squirt the hose for a bit to get cold-ish water out.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    My current doc and I have weird conversations every year during that exam. Weird. Conversations. This years is actually still making me giggle, couple of weeks after the fact.

And with my family history with prostate cancer, it’s an absolutely mandatory annual exam and PSA check. If I get a doc someday who won’t do it, I’ll get a different doc.
    My pop and a close family friend shared the same elderly doctor during the late 80s-early 90s; they conspired to weird him out, as both had prostrate exams coming up within a few weeks of each other.
    My dad got a "Harrumph" when he asked the doctor mid-exam if those were his hands on my pop's shoulders. My "uncle" asked the same thing a few weeks later and got a swat on the back of his head from the doc's free hand. Next time my dad was in, the doc walked behind him and gave him a swat on the back of his head on general principle.
    Everybody ended up laughing pretty hard over it.

With me, my doc is totally blase about it, and a year my senior. I had an unrelated CT scan earlier in the year, and they included the pelvic region. The radiologist noted the condition and my doc called it onscreen and remarked, "Definitely bph. You can see this one from space. Never miss an opportunity to pee."
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

The part about surviving by drinking from garden hoses is real. Ever had to spit out a mouthful of earwigs and spiders because you didn’t let it run long enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    I don't think we had those in the Southeast. The bugs, I mean. The garden hose thing is totally true.
    The bugs and weeds were what I didn't like about the region. I felt the reason was it didn't get cold enough to kill either off.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

The part about surviving by drinking from garden hoses is real. Ever had to spit out a mouthful of earwigs and spiders because you didn’t let it run long enough?
    Yes, and it's called a ''protein supplement''. This why my friends and I could spend our days running through southeastern Iowa corn fields (in the 1970s) and not eat a meal all day. When dusk approached, best to get home quickly because dinner would soon be on the table.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    My pop and a close family friend shared the same elderly doctor during the late 80s-early 90s; they conspired to weird him out, as both had prostrate exams coming up within a few weeks of each other.
    My dad got a "Harrumph" when he asked the doctor mid-exam if those were his hands on my pop's shoulders. My "uncle" asked the same thing a few weeks later and got a swat on the back of his head from the doc's free hand. Next time my dad was in, the doc walked behind him and gave him a swat on the back of his head on general principle.
    Everybody ended up laughing pretty hard over it.

With me, my doc is totally blase about it, and a year my senior. I had an unrelated CT scan earlier in the year, and they included the pelvic region. The radiologist noted the condition and my doc called it onscreen and remarked, "Definitely bph. You can see this one from space. Never miss an opportunity to pee."
    I miss my old PCP, a DO. He kept a rubber hand in his desk to slap on your shoulder when he was doing prostate exams.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    No problem with bugs, but in the South, if you didn't run it long enough you got a mouthful of literal boiling water.

Chris
    You can make hot tea with the water out of a hose in Arizona. Yikes!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

So far from what I can see in a work environment, the zoomers are eating the millenials for lunch. I’ve started considering the zoomers to be the “fuck you, pay me” generation. And it gets better the younger they get. A 23 year old zoomer will slice a 25 year old’s throat for a quarter and a “work from home” agreement. They will out a millennial out of a job just to prove they can.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    So far from what I can see in a work environment, the zoomers are eating the millenials for lunch. I’ve started considering the zoomers to be the “fuck you, pay me” generation. And it gets better the younger they get. A 23 year old zoomer will slice a 25 year old’s throat for a quarter and a “work from home” agreement. They will out a millennial out of a job just to prove they can.
    From what I've been seeing in the Army, Zoomers who end up in an Army uniform are (mostly) one of two types:

-The kind of Joe that gets in trouble for stupid TikTok videos and other social media conduct, and constantly pushes basic regs with uniform and hairstyle (Why the F do they like this ragged broccoli looking, sideshow-bob hairstyle? Ugh)
    Sadly, this is most of them.

-The kind of Joe that's myopically focused and motivated to advance their own career, and they're on track to make Sergeant in less than 3 years. There's one I have that enlisted when he was still in high school, and he is probably going to wear E5 stripes before he can legally drink.
    This is good *and* bad. A lot of them are really good at looking out for themselves, but have a lot to learn about looking out for other Soldiers and the mission itself.

User Tag List