Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cleaning my rifle after running it suppressed in a Justified Defensive Concept class

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Make sure not to put aluminum in an ultrasonic cleaner. It also strips off some coatings, such as the polycoat on CZs.
    Wouldn't that be dependent on the cleaning solution used?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Would something like this be safe on polymer components like a Glock frame? Because if I could throw an entire assembled frame into an ultrasonic cleaner without any ill effects, I’d probably never detail strip a gun again unless a part reached the end of its service life.
    Oh yeah, just use something mild like Dawn dish soap and don't overdo it. I've cleaned many a Glock frame and slide in these. I just take care not to rest the tritium sights on the bottom where the ultrasonic waves emanate from.
    #RESIST

Cleaning my rifle after running it suppressed in a Justified Defensive Concept class

Ultrasonic can blow the vials out of sights, strip paint, defeat locktite, and unscrew screws.

I don’t use it for anything other than heavy grime on steel parts.

(Tooth cleaning ultrasonic can also unscrew dental implants, which is expensive and annoying).
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Now that I have my 1st ever suppressor I'm wondering about cleaning that, a Dead Air Sandman. Would it be appropriate to clean a suppressor in an ultrasonic cleaner?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    (Tooth cleaning ultrasonic can also unscrew dental implants, which is expensive and annoying).
    Did you use a snorkel, or are you good at holding your breath?
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Cleaning my rifle after running it suppressed in a Justified Defensive Concept class

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Now that I have my 1st ever suppressor I'm wondering about cleaning that, a Dead Air Sandman. Would it be appropriate to clean a suppressor in an ultrasonic cleaner?
    To avoid the potential for anything like the third example here, I’d probably email the company first.

P.S. Congrats on joining the club!

https://ruggedsuppressors.com/uncond...anty%E2%80%8B/

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Wouldn't that be dependent on the cleaning solution used?
    It depends, but it's very possible that the ultrasonic action itself can be more harmful than you plan for. It can damn sure take off a weak coating. That being said, I've never seen it take off a proper, durable gun coating. It can also put holes in aluminum foil. None of this is meant as a scare tactic, I personally find the ultrasonic to be easier to deal with than say coating myself with HAZMAT through the methods of using brake cleaner or good old fashioned solvent and an AP brush/toothbrush.

If you get an ultrasonic cleaner, you'll find all sorts of uses for it. Cleaning the woman's jewelry (better than new), eyeglasses, all sorts of stuff. I strongly recommend getting one. Just cleaning an BCG alone is worth the expenditure.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Absolutely! However, dirty cans run/suppress better and you should not clean it until it is noticeably heavier (as confirmed by a scale) than when you bought it.
    #RESIST

I'm just shocked you cleaned it

Site Supporter
    And a G3 clone - these get incredibly dirty very quickly, as they are delayed blow back. An excellent application, as getting the bolt back into the carrier can be tricky and cause a ton of frustration with the spring locking lever. 30 minutes in, have about 100 rounds through this gun, and it was a rental gun before that.

User Tag List