Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning my rifle after running it suppressed in a Justified Defensive Concept class

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    That link does not work for me?
    Fixed.
    #RESIST

Surprisingly inexpensive -- how would this be to clean the barrel and comp on an Open gun?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    The ultrasonic does a great job of getting into the crevices of assembled equipment, which is frankly just hitting the easy button.

If anything, I'm seriously considering getting a larger tank cleaner so I can put complete firearms in there :-)
    Interesting. I was under the impression that it was ill advised to put anything that hasn't been disassembled down to its component (non-moving) parts in one of these, as the "gunk" is dislodged from where it was, only to settle Lord knows where else? That made sense to me, so I didn't question it. I'd be curious to know if I've been overlooking an easy button...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Surprisingly inexpensive -- how would this be to clean the barrel and comp on an Open gun?
    I don’t think hard, you can send me something to try if you like.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    Interesting. I was under the impression that it was ill advised to put anything that hasn't been disassembled down to its component (non-moving) parts in one of these, as the "gunk" is dislodged from where it was, only to settle Lord knows where else? That made sense to me, so I didn't question it. I'd be curious to know if I've been overlooking an easy button...
    The heat and ultrasonic moves that stuff out pretty well.
    #RESIST

This is after about 12 mins and then drying. Looks great to me. The tail of the bolt is smooth and clean.

Name:  351EE107-CEE9-4877-8B0D-175EBE73E99D.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  60.0 KB
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I don't know about Open guns, but I've used mine on plenty of rifle brakes. Carb cleaner works pretty well too.

Make sure not to put aluminum in an ultrasonic cleaner. It also strips off some coatings, such as the polycoat on CZs.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Fixed.
    Gracias.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I'm about to order one of these for our lab that will use hydrochloric acid for cleaning fluid. Didn't think about looking into one for persnoal uses...

Would something like this be safe on polymer components like a Glock frame? Because if I could throw an entire assembled frame into an ultrasonic cleaner without any I’ll effects, I’d probably never detail strip a gun again unless a part reached the end of its service life.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List