Thread: 2012 IDPA Nationals! Oxford, M

2012 IDPA Nationals, Oxford, NC

Anyone going?

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Anyone going?
    SO here.......

Quote Originally Posted by m91196 View Post
    SO here.......
    Me too. I gotta work Monday night & wont get there til noon Tuesday. Im looking forward to the week and, as always, Frank has some very good/challenging stages planned.

The weather looks iffy for Tuesday but the remaining days look very nice.

Me too. I gotta work Monday night & wont get there til noon Tuesday. Im looking forward to the week and, as always, Frank has some very good/challenging stages planned.
    Safe travels see you there.....

I'll be there, shooting SSR in squad 31 Friday/Saturday.

Preview of Stage 4 courtesy of the DOWN ZERO BLOG...so called "Room 469".

http://www.idpa.com/blog/post/2012/0...f-Stage-4.aspx

Stage 6, "What to do".

http://www.idpa.com/blog/post/2012/0...f-Stage-6.aspx
    Last edited by KeeFus; 09-16-2012 at 07:03 PM.

It says prelim results but I dont think it'll change @ this point.

http://www.idpa.com//matchresults/20...2012-09-19.pdf

It says prelim results but I dont think it'll change @ this point.

http://www.idpa.com//matchresults/20...2012-09-19.pdf
    Well there's a shock: Miculek won ESR and Vogel won whatever he felt like winning this time...

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Well there's a shock: Miculek won ESR and Vogel won whatever he felt like winning this time...
    The fact that Rob & Jerry won their respective Divisions wasn't the shocker; the margin of victory for both was an eye opener. Jerry by almost 100 and the closest to Rob was ESP division winner Mink 32 seconds behind.

Looking at the ESP results was an eye opener as well. Do all those extra high speed modifications (mag wells, extra rounds (CDP vs ESP) stippling, extended releases & etc. really help? With the exception of Mink, The upper level SSP & CDP shooters had better results.

It's making me rethink my idea of trying ESP, going to stick with SSR, SSP & CDP.
    Last edited by rsa-otc; 09-24-2012 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Correct Mink's Division from CDP to the Propper ESP
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by rsa-otc View Post
    The fact that Rob & Jerry won their respective Divisions wasn't the shocker; the margin of victory for both was an eye opener. Jerry by almost 100 and the closest to Rob was CDP division winner Mink 32 seconds behind.

Looking at the ESP results was an eye opener as well. Do all those extra high speed modifications (mag wells, extra rounds (CDP vs ESP) stippling, extended releases & etc. really help? With the exception of Mink, The upper level SSP & CDP shooters had better results.

It's making me rethink my idea of trying ESP, going to stick with SSR, SSP & CDP.
    I was being more than a bit sarcastic. I do agree that ESP mods don't really offer a whole lot in the way of improved performance. The only reason I even shot in ESP was that I wanted to classify in all of the divisions, and even then I shot an SSP legal pistol.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List