Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SA Trigger Preferences

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    (b) the break is clean break with no creep
    Yeah, that.

Others can discuss the difference between a glass rod and a candy cane breaking but as close zero creep / movement as possible. The difference between putting pressure on the trigger with the intent to fire and gun-go-bang should have no perceptible movement. Ideal IMO is not less than 2lbs, not more than 4lbs.

I don't see a strong case for a "rolling break" in a SA trigger. I guess if you want to start a fight on the internet talk about staging the DA trigger instead of using the SA trigger. There's your rolling break. Is that something people even argue about in the year 2022? IDK. Colt essentially making what was a 2-stage DA trigger that lent itself quite well to the practice for most of their dominant period in the domestic revolver market certainly makes one argument. A generation of LEM-traumatized DHS shooters could make the counterpoint.

I don’t know what a “rolling break” is.

If you mean creep, my OMBH has a little bit and probably breaks a bit over 4 lbs.

For me, there’s something about the ergonomics of a traditional SA grip frame that gives me better trigger control,and a little creep doesn’t bother me.

Several of my Smiths fall into the “fine crystal” category, and I doubt I can shoot them slow-fire SA any better than the old Blackhawk.

It’s validating to see so many of us unify around weight, abd interesting to see the difference in roll/creep. I like it, so long as it is smooth and not crunchy.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Any trigger on any firearm that's sub 3# gives me the heeby-jeebies. I like my SA to be crisp and clean, but too light is too light...

User Tag List