Size:  53.7 KB

Name:  20220823_180547.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  65.5 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Any updates?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    They didn't pick up. I have the paperwork filled out with DSC and am going to wait and see if CHPWS has a sale coming up.

If I can't find an Acro P2, there is no reason to rush into a mill job, unless I go with CHPWS so they can include a plate for my Holosun.

DSC said they would modify my older CHPWS Acro plate that has the tabs but not the extra mounting holes for $30.

You ready to send off that BUL? What are you going to do?

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post

You ready to send off that BUL? What are you going to do?
    I haven't really decided anything yet but I'm leaning pretty heavily to the DPO and DSC.

Oh!
    Please tell me about your BUL.
    I've been looking at these, commander sized, in 9mm.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Oh!
    Please tell me about your BUL.
    I've been looking at these, commander sized, in 9mm.
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Not sure if this link will work since I'm surfing via Tapatalk. If it doesn't work you can find a bit of info in the pistol section. The thread is What a Load of BUL.

I wish Vulcan did the DUO/DPO, they *seem* to me like they can be trusted, and I would have sent it off.

Thanks. Did you catch this:

I heard from an internet rando that Aimpoint would have Acro P2s in mid-October. So I have some time to get my crap together. I am probably going to offload an HK USP 40 fullsize so I will have cash to make it all happen at once.

The front runner is DSC for the DPO cut. I talked to ATEI a while back, they could do a direct mill Acro and install the shim sight. BUT again this is limiting to the Acro footprint.

Chambers doesn't support the Acro yet. Nighthawk IOS is probably the best solution, but expensive, and no Acro yet.

With news of a Springfield 2011 hitting the market, I am curious. If it takes STI mags, it could be a player and I can leave my Costa Comp unmolested.

With news of a Springfield 2011 hitting the market, I am curious. If it takes STI mags, it could be a player and I can leave my Costa Comp unmolested.
    It is being "leaked" over on 1911addicts that this gun does accept STI-format mags. I can't imagine SA going another route unless it was Para format. Even then, that would probably be a mistake.

At this point I'm more curious about the optics footprint. Will SA do a direct mill for the RMR or LDP? What are they doing now for the XDs and stuff? Do they have their own version of the Glock MOS that can be applied to a 1911 slide?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Here's the legacy Trijicon RMR replacement plate for the Holosun 509 made by DWS. I know nothing about this company but the plate looks good.

An adapter plate based on the Trijicon plate makes sense. The cut has been around awhile so there should be a decent amount of 1911s and 2011s already cut.

I did not know that this plate existed, so thank you! I sent an email to DWS to confirm that the plate will fit a 1911/2011 slide that has already been milled for a Trijicon RMR 1911/2011 plate, and they replied quickly to confirm. I currently have three STI/Staccatos all with Trijicon plates with RMRs mounted (all three milled by Vulcan) and would love to mount a 509T on one or two of them as it is my current favorite optic! Probably going to pick up one of these plates ASAP.
    Chuck Brazeau

Quote Originally Posted by BrazeauRacing View Post
    I did not know that this plate existed, so thank you! I sent an email to DWS to confirm that the plate will fit a 1911/2011 slide that has already been milled for a Trijicon RMR 1911/2011 plate, and they replied quickly to confirm. I currently have three STI/Staccatos all with Trijicon plates with RMRs mounted (all three milled by Vulcan) and would love to mount a 509T on one or two of them as it is my current favorite optic! Probably going to pick up one of these plates ASAP.
    [emoji106]

Let us know how it looks when you get one.

User Tag List