Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911/2011 adapter plates

Thanks!

Site Supporter
    The depth of a cut you can put on a 1911 slide makes me wish there was an optic rail standard for pistols, because a rail milled deeply into a 1911 slide, that didn’t force someone to give up too many options for optics would be the tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    The depth of a cut you can put on a 1911 slide makes me wish there was an optic rail standard for pistols, because a rail milled deeply into a 1911 slide, that didn’t force someone to give up too many options for optics would be the tits.
    Yeah man, but for me with a single high $$$ 2011, it makes sense for the plate at this point in time.

If I had a "Plain Jane" $2000 Stac P I would consider the direct mill... and still probably get a DPO/DUO cut.

In the Glock world I would mill for the Acro system (even though the EPS looks like a good setup and there are more options with that RMSc pattern). The ATEI with shim looks decent too.

DSC and CHPWS are my only options for the DPO. Staccato will not work on older STIs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Yeah man, but for me with a single high $$$ 2011, it makes sense for the plate at this point in time.

If I had a "Plain Jane" $2000 Stac P I would consider the direct mill... and still probably get a DPO/DUO cut.

In the Glock world I would mill for the Acro system (even though the EPS looks like a good setup and there are more options with that RMSc pattern). The ATEI with shim looks decent too.

DSC and CHPWS are my only options for the DPO. Staccato will not work on older STIs.
    Yeah, I’m going with a plate right now too (Chambers whenever I decide what optic I want), but I wish I didn’t have too.

In a brief telephone conversation with Ian, CHPWS uses a unique cut for 1911 slides that is not the DPO. Maybe I misunderstood him. Or maybe that's his way of saying they're using Dawson Precision intellectual property without breaking to it.

One thing CHPWS will do is make a custom plate for those 1911/2011 owners running the Trijicon CA428 RMR adapter plate.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Here's the legacy Trijicon RMR replacement plate for the Holosun 509 made by DWS. I know nothing about this company but the plate looks good.

An adapter plate based on the Trijicon plate makes sense. The cut has been around awhile so there should be a decent amount of 1911s and 2011s already cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    In a brief telephone conversation with Ian, CHPWS uses a unique cut for 1911 slides that is not the DPO. Maybe I misunderstood him. Or maybe that's his way of saying they're using Dawson Precision intellectual property without breaking to it.

One thing CHPWS will do is make a custom plate for those 1911/2011 owners running the Trijicon CA428 RMR adapter plate.

The new CHPWS plates don't have the tabs on the lower forward leading edge, I wonder if that is to skirt the IP issues you mention? I have an older CHPWS Acro plate that has the tabs, and also a 10-8 style rear sight.

I am ready to send off my 2011 and just get the damn thing milled. Going to call DSC on Monday and maybe even CHPWS, although I am nervous with how many horror stories seem to keep popping up. I wish Vulcan did the DUO/DPO, they *seem* to me like they can be trusted, and I would have sent it off.

My Springfield slide is on the way back from CHPWS, after getting a direct mill for a RMRcc. I'll post it up when it returns.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

I didn't need an iron sight co-witness option to the Suarez adapter plate as installed by Mod 1 on our full-size and commander 1911s seems to be a good option. Very fast turnaround and a good price. Pictures attached are of a Kimber HD Pro Carry that I'll use for nightstand and occasional open steel challenge classes (not that it's an open gun). I suspect the adapter is thicker than the comparable CHPWS just based on the installation on my Staccato C2, but still low enough to have little, if any, effect on my presentation versus iron sights. Holosun 507/ACSS has been mounted. Not as sleek as a 507K would be but fine for our applications (My wife's full-size 1911 with this same installation is also for nightstand duty). FWIW how much would it have cost Kimber to add forward serrations on the slide? Should have had it done when are two copies were converted from 38S to 9mm.Name:  RDS Adapter 1.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  49.9 KBName:  RDS Adapter 2.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  47.1 KB

Going to call DSC
    Any updates?

User Tag List