Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 1911/2011 adapter plates

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Been working too much, only 200 rounds on the 509T X2/CHPWS combo. It has been great though and I am very happy with the optic so far, enough that I passed on an Acro P2 again. Still haven't seen an Acro in real life to know if I am missing anything.

Glad I did the DPO cut, having flexibility will be nice down the road. Hopefully get shooting next weekend. Have a new case of 124gr ammo I want to try out.

Any long term updates for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Any long term updates for us?
    Because I can't leave well enough alone, I did finally upgrade the 509T to a P2. I installed the CHPWS plate with the E6000 glue and no issues in 1000 rounds, installed Dec 2022.

I am using the original/Gen 1 CHWPS Acro plate with a skinny fixed rear sight. I like these CHPWS plates because the rear bolt is substantial and I can easily check the witness mark. I have no idea if the 2 smaller bolts are loose without removing the optic. Based on holding zero I assume that things are holding ok.

Looking at my logs, I last shot in June. Went on vacation in July and then kids sports started up. I need to get back to the range.

This STI is a lot of fun to shoot. I installed that fatter grip and arched MSH. Its great now and the only pistol I want to shoot. I'll bring the G5G26 along next time.

EDIT: I forgot I posted pics of the old school CHPWS plate.

So I went and looked at the current CHPWS Steel Acro plates and they removed the large bolt at the rear. I wonder why??? I would rather have 3 fasteners than 2, and I can see the head on this one with the optic installed. Weird. Based on these changes, I won't upgrade my aluminum plate unless I need to.
    Last edited by rayrevolver; 11-04-2023 at 07:25 AM.

@rayrevolver

Can you refresh my memory? DSC did the optic cut on your slide?

I find myself curious about aftermarket cuts again with the purchase of an EAA Witness 2311. The slide is cut for the Holosun K footprint and there is no rear sight on the slide. Not that I necessarily need one but it is something I would like to have.

The leaves me a few options. Have the slide cut for the DPO. This with an appropriate plate is $350 or so. Another option is the CHPWS cross plate. This with appropriate plate is $285 or thereabouts. Another option is have a small dovetail cut in front of the optic and go that route. This is the least expensive but then the gun probably won't fit in my USDG holster. Lastly is just run the EPS Carry and get a super low height front sight to get POA/POI with the built-in rear. Or keep my existing front sight and figure out what kind of sight picture I need to get acceptable hits at 10 or 15 yards. I'm assuming I can make a triangle with the front sight and make it work.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yup DSC did the DPO cut. Can you do the DPO cut on the 2311 that is already cut for a Holosun K?

I haven't been to Vulcans website in a while, but are they making cuts with rear sights? What about that company that did the shim sight for a rear, ATEI?

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Yup DSC did the DPO cut. Can you do the DPO cut on the 2311 that is already cut for a Holosun K?

I haven't been to Vulcans website in a while, but are they making cuts with rear sights? What about that company that did the shim sight for a rear, ATEI?
    The factory cut isn't very deep so I'd think any of the plate systems would probably work.

Monsoon says he can do a forward dovetail but a Glock sight will overhang the sides of the slide a bit. Cosmetically maybe less than ideal but functionally probably fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BrazeauRacing View Post
    I got the charges reversed via my credit card company. Then, a month and a half after I placed the order, DWS emails me to ask which optic I wanted the plater for. 🤦
    I wanted to give an update on this... even after the charges got reversed on my credit card, and I told DWS that I reversed the charges, they STILL sent me a plate. Of course, I was so disgusted with the whole experience that I just stored it away and forgot about it. I recently sent my older STI's upper off to have barrel ports done by Impact Machine (the slide previously had the top window cut done when it was milled for the Trijicon mounting plate), and I decided I would finally install the DWS plate with a new 509T when I got the upper back. Unfortunately the DWS plate did not fit the Trijicon plate cut... at all... so I had to custom fit the plate to my slide and then refinish it in Graphite Black Cerakote. I would've been furious if I had actually paid $200 for this plate and waited as long as I did only to find out that it didn't fit, but since it was essentially free and I can fit and refinish this type of thing myself, I am very happy with the gun now that it has barrel ports and a 509T installed on it.

Name:  IMG_20231110_152256_317.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  86.1 KB

Name:  IMG_20231110_152256_353.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  38.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20231110_152256_370.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  70.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20231110_152256_430.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  92.3 KB
    Chuck Brazeau

Quote Originally Posted by BrazeauRacing View Post
    I am very happy with the gun now that it has barrel ports and a 509T...
    That actually looks good. Too bad the company seems super sketchy.

Dual Hammer is another source for the Dawson optic plate cut.

https://dualhammer.com/products/daws...sion-optic-cut

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Dual Hammer is another source for the Dawson optic plate cut.

https://dualhammer.com/products/daws...sion-optic-cut

From what I’ve seen from them they do a good job. I want a Nighthawk IOS on my MC Operator but the price point of a Dual Hammer job is really tempting.

AB Prototype is offering the Atlas Gunworks plate cut

https://www.abprototype.com/slide-mi...1911-and-2011/

User Tag List