Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911/2011 adapter plates

1911/2011 adapter plates

Just wanting to put a quick RFI out for adapter plate options for the 2011/1911 pattern.

The Dawson DPO would seem to be a great option. I think it looks good on the pistol and there are a good number of optics plates. Down side is it doesn't seem to be available from too many shops. Vulcan doesn't do it nor do a couple other fairly well known 2011 shops. In fact the only place offering it (other than Staccato for their guns only) is dscgunworks.com

Another option is a cut from CHPWS although I find the options confusing. Are they offering the Staccato cut is are they using something proprietary?

And then the old standby is the Trijicon RMR plate with the built-in rear sight. Of course this only works with RMR footprint unless another spacer/adapter is used.

A final option is a plate from Dynamic Weapon Solutions. It looks like it fits the RMR adapter cut but allows for a 509T to be directly added. I assume other options would be in the works. https://dynamicweaponsolutions.com/c...mounting-plate

Anything else out there?

Of course the best option would be some sort of direct mill solution. But I would like to retain an ability to use other optics as technology and personal preference evolved.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Chambers Custom plate?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Chambers Custom plate?
    This ^^^

Atlas sells slides cut for their plate although I don't know of anyone offering milling for that plate as service for existing guns (edit: looks like DSC Gunworks does). AccuracyX (more known in the bullseye world) will take an existing frame and install a slide with their plate system, barrel, slide stop, bushing etc.

Then there is Wilson and Nighthawk which both have plate systems although I think Wilson is not working on non-Wilson guns right now. It sounds like Nighthawk is though.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Chambers Custom plate?
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    This ^^^
    Looks like a pretty decent option. Does anyone know if he has other optic options in the works? At present it looks like RMR, Holosun K and 509T.

I am totally in love with the Nighthawk IOS.

It returns to zero, it mounts super-low, you can get custom stuff made, it’s easy to change at a user level, you can go irons only with elegance and ease, and the machining quality is superb.

We are blessed to have so many options.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I am totally in love with the Nighthawk IOS.

Anyone reputable doing these specifically for the Acro or MPS or 509T footprints?

A guy on Addicts said this guy did an optic cut:

"Santurri is a gun smith that is a 2011 residential expert in my area."

It looks like it's DUO/DPO compatible.

https://www.santurriltd.com/

I found another link on Addicts saying these guys also provide optic cuts, possibly DUO/DPO:

https://dscgunworks.com/collections/all

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    I found another link on Addicts saying these guys also provide optic cuts, possibly DUO/DPO:

https://dscgunworks.com/collections/all
    Pics of DSC work lifted off Instagram

User Tag List