Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911/2011 adapter plates

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Looks good.

Did he cerakote under the cut or leave that section in the white?

I should get off the pot and send him my BUL slide. It would be a straightforward job, I assume. Only additional thing that may be required would be flat topping the BUL slide to match the flat profile on the Staccato iron sight plate. But then if I run an optic on there it probably won't even be anything someone would notice.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I can only see a small ledge at the rear but it looks to be black. For now, I will assume he did the entire area.

Waiting for an Acro may drive me crazy. I can buy an EPS with a plate from CHPWS for $433 (25% off the plate with EPS purchase). We'll see if I can wait for Aimpoint to get more in stock or roll the dice on the EPS.

Have you reached out to Vulcan about doing the AOS cut on your BUL?

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    I can only see a small ledge at the rear but it looks to be black. For now, I will assume he did the entire area.

Waiting for an Acro may drive me crazy. I can buy an EPS with a plate from CHPWS for $433 (25% off the plate with EPS purchase). We'll see if I can wait for Aimpoint to get more in stock or roll the dice on the EPS.

Waiting for Aimpoint has replaced Waiting for Godot...

They are not offering the AOS cut unfortunately.

Another option I stumbled upon. Plates are reasonably priced. No closed emitter options shown at present:

https://hayescustomguns.com/hayes-in...red-dot-plate/

https://hayescustomguns.com/hayes-in...e-and-install/

Some thoughts on DPO/DUO with respect to the 407k/RMSc mounts.

It looks like they use the same bolt configuration as the DPP.

Can you direct mount an EPS or EPS Carry to a DPO/DUO?

I did notice that the Dawson plate shows a bolt with a shank that goes through the optic, then plate, then into the slide. Do these plates have the center bolt in the back? It doesn't look like they do.

The CHPWS plate uses those Tnuts for optic to plate... Which means there is only the single bolt to attach it to the slide? The HW in the pic says it has bolts to attach the plate...

Can anyone confirm this info?

Quote Originally Posted by BrazeauRacing View Post
    Unfortunately I have only received an order confirmation email. My guess is that they only make these when ordered, so it is probably in the queue for milling and then will get sent out for a DLC or Black Oxide finish. If I dont hear anything from them within another week or two, I'll reach out to them for an order status update.
    Anything new?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Anything new?
    Nothing, and not looking good. DWS won't respond to my emails requesting an order status, and calls to their customer service number just go to voicemail with no call backs. At this point I would rather just cancel the order, which I have also requested via email and voicemail. I may just have to dispute the charges with my credit card company.
    Chuck Brazeau

Quote Originally Posted by BrazeauRacing View Post
    Nothing, and not looking good. DWS won't respond to my emails requesting an order status, and calls to their customer service number just go to voicemail with no call backs. At this point I would rather just cancel the order, which I have also requested via email and voicemail. I may just have to dispute the charges with my credit card company.
    Ah, man. I'm sorry to hear that.

Everything showed up yesterday, 509T X2, CHPWS plate, and E6000. I won't get to the range until later next week, so plenty of time for the E6000 to cure. I figured I would try E6000, don't want to eat this optic...

The 509T CHPWS plate has a higher machined ledge for the center DPO bolt and it was not a torx like their website says. Its a better setup than the Acro, which needs to go over top of this bolt. Its pretty beefy and I can easily check my torque striping during a shooting session.

At this stage I am going to pass on the Acro P2 and just shoot this setup, as much as I wanted to go that with Aimpoint. I am curious where my irons will print with a .215 front vice a 0.195 that 10-8 recommended.

The co-witness is very low, 1/4 or 1/5, and very unobtrusive. The 509T took about 10 clicks right to drop on the front sight, no elevation clicks.

....509T optic....
    Not picking on you @rayrevolver because I know you were wanting a P-2. But I always kind of chuckle when I see pictures of someone's Staccato, Atlas, ZEV, etc decked out with an O-Light WML, Holosun 407, etc.

Looks good. The DPO cuts appears seemless with the pistol.

User Tag List