Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoe recommendations for new gig

Shoe recommendations for new gig

I am back working full time post retirement and need shoes to go with the new uniform. Help me out.

What worked super well for me in patrol were Rocky Alpha Oxfords. They had great arch support and I could haul around an outer vest full of gear plus a gun belt all day long.

My new gig is sport coat, tie, slacks plus body armor/pistol/mags/cuffs. A tad less weight but the Rocky Alpha oxfords look, well…..out of place. I tried my Allen Edmonds yesterday and immediately regretted it. No arch support and, while they looked a whole lot better than the Rockys, I can’t stand the pain.

So what say you LE guys as for something sharp, supportive, and comfortable? I’d like to stay below 500.00 per pair. Only black is allowed as far as color and there are times I’ll walk outside in rain.

Thanks in advance.

No shoe help, but does your new sport coat happen to be blue?

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    No shoe help, but does your new sport coat happen to be blue?
    Why yes it does.

Regards.

Congrats, I always thought that would be a pretty good retirement job.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Congrats, I always thought that would be a pretty good retirement job.
    I’m a week in and so far……I’m head over heels.

Took a bit of time but well worth the wait.

Cole Haan, Rockport, and Ecco are brands that have been recommended to me buy coworkers who’ve done the assists to Secret Service during which they had to stand in a hallway and watch a staircase for twelve hours at a time.

That is definitely a gig I’ve considered for after retirement. I know a couple of guys who’ve done it and they had good things to say.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I've had good luck with Rockport in years past. Not familiar with their line currently since most anything I liked has been discontinued.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    This all leather brooks is very popular in my neck of the woods.

https://www.brooksrunning.com/en_us/...0318_color=072

This looks to be even cushier. One guy just got these and says they blow his similar sketchers away. I have 2 pair of non all leather ones and love them for high mile walking days in NYC etc.

https://www.hoka.com/en/us/mens-road...520_color=BBLC

If you need something dressier, Rockport, Ecco and Mephistos, in order of cost, would likely work well.

Budget for two and rotate and they will last far longer than wearing a pair into the ground and then buying another.

Budget for good socks as well. I am a huge fan of Darn Tough and Smartwool. Smartwool can be had for 20-30% off with a sharp eye.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Huge fan of ECCO for dress shoes you can walk in. I had 2 pair of black and 1 brown so I could rotate through and let them air out.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

ECCO. That's it, that's all.

User Tag List