Thread: Very quick How-to video on replacing a Beretta 1301 O-Ring

Very quick How-to video on replacing a Beretta 1301 O-Ring

Hey,

I accidentally chewed up my O-ring using a hard nylon bristle suppressor brush inside the gas cylinder like a moron.

The install is super easy, but I couldn't find a video on Youtube so I figured I would upload it under my new policy of only uploading useful info.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    If you have thick, meaty fingers like mine, an angled pick works very well for helping extract a damaged o-ring and installation of the new one. But apart from that it's pretty straightforward.

If I was going to be super aggressive with a brush, I'd remove the o-ring first and then get after it.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    If you have thick, meaty fingers like mine, an angled pick works very well for helping extract a damaged o-ring and installation of the new one. But apart from that it's pretty straightforward.

If I was going to be super aggressive with a brush, I'd remove the o-ring first and then get after it.

Yeah, this was one of those, "Hey, I have a good idea!!" moments.

Excellent video; well done!

I ordered two O-rings from Brownells.

Since the shipping was going to be just as expensive as the O-rings, I bought three more mags for my G19 also.

Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

Hello Greg,
    I would love to see this video as I am curious about the location of the gas o-ring. The video is marked "private" and the link just opens YouTube. Is there another way for me to view the video? If not, maybe you'd be willing to describe the location for me? Thanks in advance for any information. Take care.

User Tag List