Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Good stabbing in Vegas

Gents, is there a reason why Store Owner was dragging BG across the floor? I assume he was trying to determine if BG's were coming back or trying to catch a license plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Gents, is there a reason why Store Owner was dragging BG across the floor? I assume he was trying to determine if BG's were coming back or trying to catch a license plate.
    Or taking out the garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    I agree that it’s a robbery (barely), but would I be comfortable concluding that a prosecutor would definitely see this as self defense and not the execution of an attempted shoplifter? Nope.
    I have no idea what flies in NV, but I wouldn't want to bet my freedom on the same circumstances here. There are jurisdictions in which the owner would get an award from the sheriff, and others in which the state attorney would watch the video and let a jury decide.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Heading to lock the door while controlling the threat that was still inside? I don't know, that was just my first thought. Lock the door incase they guy's buddies realize he didn't make it out and one of them decides to return.

I assume it was an unconscious response to get the bad guy out of the clerk’s “protected space” behind the counter. He went from holding onto the perp in order to grapple with him, to holding into him as he collapsed. He probably needed a few seconds to mentally disengage, and he dropped the bad guy when he did.

One of the downsides of a video is that it looks so much different than the Hollywood stuff most people have seen ……and in Hollywood you always know if the bad guy has a weapon ahead of time or not.

Also hearing the “ innocent child“ cry out in his scared voice can certainly play on the heartstrings of a jury of idiots

I have an acquaintance who put up security cameras at his house due to some issues with the hoodies. I asked him if he put some inside the house and he said no because what happens in there will only be my story.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Or taking out the garbage.
    Dude, I watched the full length video and you're dead right. That's exactly what he was doing!!!

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Whole interaction looks even better to me. He let them steal, even told them to just take it. He didn't act until the guy hopped the counter. No anger or animosity in his voice, no signs of malice. I don't know that jurisdiction, of course, but I can't see even our most shittiest prosecutor filing on that here. Be a tough election for him next go round if he did, I think. Honestly, we may be a bit *too* lenient on self defense claims because I'm fairly certain there are some domestic and non-domestic murders that are passing our self-defense bar. No system is perfect, though, and I'd rather live under too lenient than too strict in this regard.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Whole interaction looks even better to me. He let them steal, even told them to just take it. He didn't act until the guy hopped the counter. No anger or animosity in his voice, no signs of malice. I don't know that jurisdiction, of course, but I can't see even our most shittiest prosecutor filing on that here. Be a tough election for him next go round if he did, I think. Honestly, we may be a bit *too* lenient on self defense claims because I'm fairly certain there are some domestic and non-domestic murders that are passing our self-defense bar. No system is perfect, though, and I'd rather live under too lenient than too strict in this regard.
    I could hear the fear/nervousness cracking in the owner’s voice when he asked why they had the masks on. Those were the words of a dude who was genuinely scared.

Anyone understand the targeting with the knife strikes in this incident?

I understand some of them, but the shoulder blade and ~front pants pocket don't make sense to me.

Seems to me the store owner had some type of training or practice and it wasn't random stabbing.

User Tag List