Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Good stabbing in Vegas

Thanks for the replies. I admit that's an interesting decision to consider: 1) Leave BG on the ground, go to the door, and hope he doesn't resume an attack or 2) Carry BG and try to close a door with extra weight in your hands, with the possibility other BG's are coming back or just outside the door.

Apparently, the owner also posted his experience on Reddit and IG, perhaps making things legally difficult for later and now has a Go Fund Me. Yikes.
    Last edited by Smoke; 08-06-2022 at 03:43 PM. Reason: added more info

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Whole interaction looks even better to me. He let them steal, even told them to just take it. He didn't act until the guy hopped the counter.
    Unsurprisingly, I agree with you that the whole interaction provides more good info. In addition to your points, the soon-to-be stabbed guy calls the other robber back by name after the other robber grabs the tip jar and starts to leave. Clear indication that more bad shit of unpredictable severity was yet to come.

I’d still hate like hell to have to justify stabbing some teen, but it does look like there’s plenty here to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post
    Anyone understand the targeting with the knife strikes in this incident?

I understand some of them, but the shoulder blade and ~front pants pocket don't make sense to me.

Seems to me the store owner had some type of training or practice and it wasn't random stabbing.

With the caveat that I’m not the P-F SME on this stuff, I’d say that, yes, he looked like he had some training—or at least education/folkloric knowledge. The targeting looks about like most FoF ‘catch as catch can’ targeting typically looks, in my limited experience. A generalized idea of swapping high/low, taking openings as they come up, controlling the opponent’s posture, and hoping for the best.

In brutal—literally—hindsight, that was an effective use of the tool. Ugly, and informative. What a world.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Apparently, the owner also posted his experience on Reddit and IG, perhaps making things legally difficult for later and now has a Go Fund Me. Yikes.
    I’ll be interested to see how this plays out. Getting the long version into the public eye now puts him way ahead of the MSM and could be helpful in civil court or defending against civil-rights legal action. It could end up being a master class in how to handle the court of public opinion.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I admit that's an interesting decision to consider: 1) Leave BG on the ground, go to the door, and hope he doesn't resume an attack or 2) Carry BG and try to close a door with extra weight in your hands, with the possibility other BG's are coming back or just outside the door.

https://web.archive.org/web/20220805...ama/?fs=e&s=cl
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    He did an AMA? I don’t even know what to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    There are some fucked up quotes—both pro and con—buried in those reddit threads, including from Johnny Nguyen (stabber).

Dude is probably not doing himself any favors when the civil suit comes down the pike from Hoppy Mcstabbee’s mom.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Is Texas the only state where you can defend your property with deadly force? Or am I even wrong about Texas?
    Its been a few years since I lived there, unless it has changed, yep you can protect your property with deadly force.

Good stabbing in Vegas

I’m guessing that there will be fewer snatch and run thefts—especially from Asian clerks—for a while.

I also appreciated the bad guy narrating his own stabbing.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Looks like "I'm dead guy" was being dramatic. Per a local news source, anyway, he survived and was taken to the hospital. Both suspects have been arrested and both are juveniles. Here, we would not arrest the stabbed guy until he was discharged from the hospital or tried to sign out AMA so the county doesn't eat his medical bills.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Looks like "I'm dead guy" was being dramatic. Per a local news source, anyway, he survived and was taken to the hospital. Both suspects have been arrested and both are juveniles. Here, we would not arrest the stabbed guy until he was discharged from the hospital or tried to sign out AMA so the county doesn't eat his medical bills.
    I’ve seen this practice throughout my career and it sometimes fails spectacularly. Much of the problem stems from hospital staff confusion on what HIPAA allows to be communicated to police at the time of discharge if the patient is not under arrest. Hospital legal at one hospital that I worked at specifically forbade us from calling police once patients were discharged in this manner. Other problems arise when the patient/suspects elopes and commits another crime on hospital property near the time of leaving. Keep in mind that elopement is different than leaving AMA - when they elope they walk out often without telling us.

I completely understand the reasoning for the practice. However, it comes with some real danger to the public. I have no opinion as to how the cost/benefit analysis falls.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List