Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Our NOPE thread

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I spend a week there every spring for a show, and it would be easiest and cheapest to stay there… but I stay across the bridge in a Fairfield, because nope.
    I stayed there for a K9 conference several years ago on an upper floor. The view was crazy. I did get that little tingly feeling standing by the rail.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    How badly afraid of grounds* am I? I will not stay in atrium-layout hotels like embassy suites; I can’t walk far enough from the railing to not be worried about being sucked over.

*I’m not afraid of heights, they’re harmless
    Quite a few years ago on one of my "dialing for dopers" cases, we had arrested one guy with a large consignment of cocaine and then flipped him to entice several layers of co-conspirators to the Embassy Suites in Miami where me and my partners would take them down after attempting to leave the hotel with a few kilos.

Late into the evening, the last few guys show up and we watched the encounter via a pinhole lens in a clock radio in the room. The audio was supplied by an "envelope" transmitter we had secreted behind a painting.

Bad guy starts getting antsy and decides to take off after finding the transmitter which he threw over the atrium balcony railing from several floors up. (Maybe seven or so.) I send one of the guys down to get the transmitter while I tackle one of the guys trying to run out of the room and hope that we will not end up going ass over teakettle down to the lobby. (Got lucky.)

The guy who had thrown the transmitter escaped for a short period but some of my task force partners, (DEA and Customs), located him and part of his crew in the Bennigan's next door. We ended up having a fight with them in the lobby of the restaurant / lounge and freaked out the customers.

Long story short, last time I ever ran an op in a hotel set up like the Embassy Suites.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    The badger was just being a badger--that's what they do. The guy was being stupid. I wonder if he would grab a
    raccoon?

By the way, python hunters in Florida have been provided a protocol for humanely killing a python. Hold the head and pith the brain with a tool similar to an ice pick.

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/tr...donesia-444545

Tried to find a link for the group that might not be behind a paywall. Anyway, woman goes to work and gets swallowed whole by 22-foot python.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post

Tried to find a link for the group that might not be behind a paywall. Anyway, woman goes to work and gets swallowed whole by 22-foot python.
    Try this . . .
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-63396954

Duces

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post

She wasn’t carrying a knife?
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    She wasn’t carrying a knife?
    This is from the link Duces Tecum provided: "He said the victim's husband had on Sunday night found some of her clothes and tools she had used at the rubber plantation, leading him to call on a search party."

Don't know what tools she might have had. In any event, in country where there are 22' snakes around, a machete should be in order.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Site Supporter
    Name:  D67ECC53-6896-483D-9086-6BF8D6E08CAF.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  86.7 KB

This dude was hanging out where I was trying to get some fishing in… nope

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Name:  D67ECC53-6896-483D-9086-6BF8D6E08CAF.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  86.7 KB

This dude was hanging out where I was trying to get some fishing in… nope
    Presumably in "eastern NC"? Near the coast or further in?

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Presumably in "eastern NC"? Near the coast or further in?

Chris
    Yup, near the coast. Cape Fear river.

User Tag List