Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Our NOPE thread

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    Hell, I'd be a mod here for that.
    Don't lower yourself to that level
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I believe it.

That dude must have tossed the badger thinking it'd just run away...but that furry little psycho remembered damn well with whom the score needed to be settled.
    A buddy of mine (Pat Rogers's lawyer, actually) is an African big game hunter. He told me that when you shoot a lion, the lion only thinks of killing you, the guy that hurt him, whereas when you shoot a leopard; the leopard wants to kill everybody within range
    #RESIST

Name:  2BCF722F-72B4-4F96-B2BD-2AE667A12E2A.jpeg
Views: 624
Size:  26.7 KB

If this thread had a photo header
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I was distressed to have conducted an interweb search only to find out that Idaho leads all states in terms of badger population. I have doubled my resolve to never venture outside unarmed. OTOH, badgers are small and agile so my 9mm Staccato C2 with 16+1 seems appropriate to the threat, my skill not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    A buddy of mine (Pat Rogers's lawyer, actually) is an African big game hunter. He told me that when you shoot a lion, the lion only thinks of killing you, the guy that hurt him, whereas when you shoot a leopard; the leopard wants to kill everybody within range
    Having seen first-hand how a Cape buff reacts to getting double-lunged with a .375 (spoiler alert, that really pisses it off), I don't doubt that. African game is generally not of the 'turn the other cheek' persuasion.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Name:  2BCF722F-72B4-4F96-B2BD-2AE667A12E2A.jpeg
Views: 624
Size:  26.7 KB

If this thread had a photo header
    Name:  Nope_Badger.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  31.0 KB

Edit: Dangit, it says it supports uploaded gifs, but apparently not.

Let's try this instead:

https://tenor.com/view/animals-react...pe-gif-3534532

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    A long time ago we were on a family hike in California, and came up to a group of people clustered around some tuft grass. They were pointing, shrieking, generally freaking out, and saying "Is it a rattlesnake? I think it's a rattlesnake!!!"

Our tiny 5 year old Girl#1, went running up to them, dodged between some legs, grabbed the snake expertly, and held it up. In her cute little voice she said "Gopher snake! I'm calling it Snakey!" Everyone in the other group panicked and scattered.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I was wondering how long that would take.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Originally Posted by Clusterfrack
    A long time ago we were on a family hike in California, and came up to a group of people clustered around some tuft grass. They were pointing, shrieking, generally freaking out, and saying "Is it a rattlesnake? I think it's a rattlesnake!!!"

Our tiny 5 year old Girl#1, went running up to them, dodged between some legs, grabbed the snake expertly, and held it up. In her cute little voice she said "Gopher snake! I'm calling it Snakey!" Everyone in the other group panicked and scattered.

My youngest daughter was like that. She was in a junior zookeeper program in early grade school and knew how to handle animals. Gave me the willies.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List