Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Our NOPE thread

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’d need at least a .375 for this lizard.

#Nope

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1555255564766027776?s=21

Damn F'ing T-rex.

#double nope. That thing would be dead where it stands.

I'm not claustrophobic, but #nope.

Last edited by CSW; 09-17-2022 at 07:19 AM.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I'm not claustrophobic, but #nope .

Just looking at that still is a total FUCKING NOPE for me. Fuck a bunch of spelunking...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I'm not claustrophobic, but #nope .

Nope.

I wasn't claustrophobic when I was younger, but as I get older I'm getting that way. Working on cars can get me sometimes, I'll be under one with it just inches above my nose and I'll suddenly start to feel the panic come on and have to get out of there. One time, I was under my 4x4 changing a fuel filter one winter. While not lifted it isn't close to the ground. I had insulated coveralls on (it was near freezing and I was outside), and for some reason the panic kept coming on. I had to roll out for a minute, then go back in. Weird. My dad also got claustrophobic around this point in his life and couldn't even ride in the back seat of the little Toyota I had at the time (in all fairness, it was very tight back there and it was only a 2-door). I suspect there's an age-related component to it.

I've even had claustrophobic panic set in when my wife would cuddle up on me at night while sleeping. She wasn't smothering me or anything just snuggled up on me with her arm over me. The longer I laid in that position, the more the intrusive claustrophobic thoughts would come, to the point I had to get up and walk around the damn room. It kind of freaked me out.

But, I can snuggle down in my mummy bag while camping to the point only the top of my head is exposed without any problems.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Nope.

I wasn't claustrophobic when I was younger, but as I get older I'm getting that way. Working on cars can get me sometimes, I'll be under one with it just inches above my nose and I'll suddenly start to feel the panic come on and have to get out of there. One time, I was under my 4x4 changing a fuel filter one winter. While not lifted it isn't close to the ground. I had insulated coveralls on (it was near freezing and I was outside), and for some reason the panic kept coming on. I had to roll out for a minute, then go back in. Weird. My dad also got claustrophobic around this point in his life and couldn't even ride in the back seat of the little Toyota I had at the time (in all fairness, it was very tight back there and it was only a 2-door). I suspect there's an age-related component to it.

I've even had claustrophobic panic set in when my wife would cuddle up on me at night while sleeping. She wasn't smothering me or anything just snuggled up on me with her arm over me. The longer I laid in that position, the more the intrusive claustrophobic thoughts would come, to the point I had to get up and walk around the damn room. It kind of freaked me out.

But, I can snuggle down in my mummy bag while camping to the point only the top of my head is exposed without any problems.

Chris
    I'm the same way. When a kid nothing much bothered me. Now? Well I'm not even going to watch that video. Nope. I have a scuba instructor friend who cave dives. Nope. Nope...

One thing that did kinda freak me out when I was young was that girl that got kidnapped and buried alive in a box back in the '70s? They had air vents, water and stuff for her. She was in there for several days. That did freak me out a bit. Had to be a horrible few days for her.

I was close. It was 1968 to be exact.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Nope.

Chris
    As an Infantry Officer, I used to crawl through culverts, sewer pipes, underground tunnels, you name it. Not a problem. When I turned 40 and my left shoulder went, I went for an MRI in an OLD SCHOOL place, where they basically shoved me into a closed-ended torpedo tube head first, and my shoulders were rubbing on both sides. Made it about 3 minutes, then had to have them pull me out. Ever since, I've been hinky about small spaces. I was super proud of myself this summer, when, during an unscheduled stay in Jo'berg (thanks, United!) we decided to visit the "Cradle of Humankind," and it turns out the majority of that is a tour through the cave complex where the remains were originally found. Made it without a full freak out, but my heart rate was elevated the entire time...

A buddy of mine has ice caves on his property, and keeps asking if I want to explore them. NOPE.

I've noticed that as I've gotten older that claustrophobia and the fear of not being able to breathe fully and adequately becomes a thing. So, I can relate.

(And I used to love climbing in tight chimneys, scuba on wrecks with narrow passageways, and crawling around caves. etc.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Huh, I thought it it was just me with the tight spaces / breathing thing as I’m getting older. A couple of years ago I had a devil of a time dealing with a full face helmet.

I had never really been claustrophobic growing up, but when the hospital put me in their MRI machine, I realized what real claustrophobia felt like, I started to panic! I had to control my breathing and keep my eyes closed to make it thru that ordeal.
    Maybe next time I need an MRI, I'll drink a six-pack first to be more relaxed.

For those of us who've done it, it's a #YEAH !!!
    28 years here.

I can certainly see it being a #nope .

@little lebowski
    @blues

Tried to edit the above post and got:

Name:  Screenshot 2022-09-19 05.44.39.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  52.8 KB

User Tag List