Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hard Chroming

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I can't imagine what somebody at Taurus did to piss off Bob Cogan, but he is both a very skilled gunsmith & refinisher, and a curmudgeon who does not suffer fools. He has done nearly two dozen projects for me of the last 3 decades, I haven't single complaint.
    Attachment 92675Attachment 92676Attachment 92677Attachment 92678Attachment 92679

I don't know if Virgil Tripp is still doing chrome but he would be my other choice.
    Bob Cogan earned his place at the top of the list of refinishers. I readily see how Taurus employees got on his nerves. Unless the situation has changed, those at the warranty/repair center demonstrate that they are uninformed and lack authority to make decisions. If Mr Cogan found a defective part on his customers gun, Taurus policy probably required that he return the gun.

In the past, I jumped up and criticized Taurus at every opportunity. I hear that things are getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    In 1973 while working as a uniform officer in Miami (Dade County PSD) I had my S&W model 19 armoloyed. Shortly thereafter I contacted Guy Hogue who was with LAPD & sent him an outline of my hand. Mr. Hogue made a set of grips out of goncalo alves that fit my hand perfectly. The grips had what he called a recoil shoulder which he felt helped redirect the recoil of the revolver. I still have the armoloyed Model 19 & it is still wearing Mr. Hogues grips & both are still in excellent shape. A testimony to quality workmanship.
    How about some pictures?

I’d especially like to see the grips.

Site Supporter

Hard chroming

awp-101 was kind enough to post my photo’s on page 3. The stippling & hard Chroming on the hi-power were added by me after I received it. The grips on the hi-power years later.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    How about some pictures?

I’d especially like to see the grips.
    Post #24 is what you seek.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List