Thread: 9mm and WSF

9mm and WSF

Anyone have a good load with 124 gr JHPs and WSF?

Going to start loading again after a long break and have 8 lbs. of WSF that I need to put to good use that I would keep as a backup powder for when I couldn't get N340 or N330.

I seem to recall somewhere between 4.9 - 5.1 grains is the ticket, but can't find my old load data.

Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    Anyone have a good load with 124 gr JHPs and WSF?

Going to start loading again after a long break and have 8 lbs. of WSF that I need to put to good use that I would keep as a backup powder for when I couldn't get N340 or N330.

I seem to recall somewhere between 4.9 - 5.1 grains is the ticket, but can't find my old load data.
    I have always used 5gr of WSF with precision delta 124gr JHPs as my standard load. I think it's a popular old IPSC formula. That bullet liked 1.100 OAL.

Site Supporter
    I've loaded 4.9 WSF with 124 grain bullets with good results. And, if you have eight pounds, I bet you can figure out a great load before you make a dent in that!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    I have always used 5gr of WSF with precision delta 124gr JHPs as my standard load. I think it's a popular old IPSC formula. That bullet liked 1.100 OAL.
    That sounds like exactly what I'm after. Thank you.

The 124 gr PD JHP (old version) has always shot amazing in my guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I've loaded 4.9 WSF with 124 grain bullets with good results. And, if you have eight pounds, I bet you can figure out a great load before you make a dent in that!
    Ha, very true. I used to shoot...a lot. But hung it up for a while. IIRC my load was 4.9 - 5 grains I think and ran about 135-136 PF.

I'm really happy I had a fair amount of leftover primers too because once those are gone, I'll probably be better served go back to factory ammo at these prices. Everything else has gone up, but not like primers, if they were available.

I don’t have a 124 grain load, but have had good results with 6.1 WSF and 115 JHP. Likely +P. With a 147 gr bullet, 4.0 WSF.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    I don’t have a 124 grain load, but have had good results with 6.1 WSF and 115 JHP. Likely +P. With a 147 gr bullet, 4.0 WSF.

145 gr and 4.0 WSF here. No idea of power factor.

User Tag List