Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 9mm and WSF

  1. #1

    9mm and WSF

    Anyone have a good load with 124 gr JHPs and WSF?

    Going to start loading again after a long break and have 8 lbs. of WSF that I need to put to good use that I would keep as a backup powder for when I couldn't get N340 or N330.

    I seem to recall somewhere between 4.9 - 5.1 grains is the ticket, but can't find my old load data.

  2. #2
    Member EMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Utah
    Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    Anyone have a good load with 124 gr JHPs and WSF?

    Going to start loading again after a long break and have 8 lbs. of WSF that I need to put to good use that I would keep as a backup powder for when I couldn't get N340 or N330.

    I seem to recall somewhere between 4.9 - 5.1 grains is the ticket, but can't find my old load data.
    I have always used 5gr of WSF with precision delta 124gr JHPs as my standard load. I think it's a popular old IPSC formula. That bullet liked 1.100 OAL.

  3. #3
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Allen, TX
    I've loaded 4.9 WSF with 124 grain bullets with good results. And, if you have eight pounds, I bet you can figure out a great load before you make a dent in that!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    I have always used 5gr of WSF with precision delta 124gr JHPs as my standard load. I think it's a popular old IPSC formula. That bullet liked 1.100 OAL.
    That sounds like exactly what I'm after. Thank you.

    The 124 gr PD JHP (old version) has always shot amazing in my guns.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I've loaded 4.9 WSF with 124 grain bullets with good results. And, if you have eight pounds, I bet you can figure out a great load before you make a dent in that!
    Ha, very true. I used to shoot...a lot. But hung it up for a while. IIRC my load was 4.9 - 5 grains I think and ran about 135-136 PF.

    I'm really happy I had a fair amount of leftover primers too because once those are gone, I'll probably be better served go back to factory ammo at these prices. Everything else has gone up, but not like primers, if they were available.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •