Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm gonna make my own Stack-A-Toe, but better...with blackjack. And hookers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I’m going to take a shit ton of hate for this

But. I don’t get the closed emitter sex appeal for a concealed piece.

if you’re drawing from waist deep mud you’d surely have bigger issues than an actual obstruction of you red dot.

But wtf do I know. All the operators are running the mail box optics so it must be above my skill level.
    It depends on what you do while you’re carrying. Depending on how the week goes I might have to dig the dirt out of the tritium dots on an iron sight gun after a week of wear. I’d rather not have to clean that mixture of dried sweat and dirt out of the inside of an optic if I can help it. And yes my holster has a sweat guard that sits flush with the back of the slide and slightly wraps around the top of the rear sight for as much gun protection as I can get.

An office life I do not live.

Site Supporter

if you’re drawing from waist deep mud you’d surely have bigger issues than an actual obstruction of you red dot.

But wtf do I know. All the operators are running the mail box optics so it must be above my skill level.
    I sweat all over stuff and get lint in the muzzle of my gun when carrying. How do I get that much let in the barrel/muzzle? No clue.

I figure it’s hedging my bet which is what has me leaning that direction. That and these LED’s do not do well when obstructed by said lint, etc.

That’s what has me leaning towards enclosed. We’ll find out when an in-stock notification comes through.
    God Bless,

Brandon

M&P9 - Check
    Thumb Safety - Check
    Apex Forward Set Sear Trigger with the heaviest springs installed - Check
    Direct Milled Optic Mount - Check

Yep, I concur with the idea.

This one has been extant for more then a decade now. Machined by Mark Housel for an original Deltapoint. I recently swapped the Swampfox on to it and it sits on the nightstand full of HST. It's not the most mechanically accurate gun I have. But I really don't care if it ends up in an evidence room and it'll do the job.

My STI is locked in the main safe...so that probably says everything there is to say about the matter...

---

Name:  253F05AD-BAAF-410C-BC0F-E9145EE5FF85.jpg
Views: 902
Size:  38.0 KB

I think it's a bit overrated. Especially for edc. I could see it for working patrol in the PNW where it rains a good portion of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    I think it's a bit overrated. Especially for edc. I could see it for working patrol in the PNW where it rains a good portion of the year
    There is definitely a small segment of us working folks that would find utility from a closed emmiter. My son's job involves using a shot blasting monstrosity that leaves him covered in fine particulate that gets into everything and it's not easy to get that shit out of an open emmiter. I myself sometimes spend time on the weekends using belt grinders and angle grinders which fills my optics with a thin layer of steel dust, right through my cover garment... again, an extra pain in the ass to remove from the interior of an open emmiter. I would imagine folks that work around saw dust or soil dust could have similar issues and benefit from an enclosed optic.

Site Supporter

Closed emitters

I sweat a lot and dislike cleaning sweat/belly hair/lint out of my optic, that’s the driving factor behind my interest in closed emitters.

I'm intrigued by the Stack-A-Toe concept.

How does the new M&P trigger compare to the Apex?

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post

Ooooh.
    It's nice on the Shield Plus.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Are there any other dots using the Acro cut yet? I’m not really enthused with the idea of dropping ~$600 for an optic I’ve never even handled.
    Steiner MPS, too. I’m getting used to one on a G19.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

And going back to TCinVA's original premise, this was about not having to go get the slide cut. It's about an out of the box solution.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Are there any other dots using the Acro cut yet? I’m not really enthused with the idea of dropping ~$600 for an optic I’ve never even handled.
    Yes, more often than not, the Steiner MPS will fit on Acro cuts. When I got my first MPS, I got a Tango Down Acro plate. The MPS fit just & mounted without issue. Only a few hundred rounds into it, but no issues yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I sweat all over stuff and get lint in the muzzle of my gun when carrying. How do I get that much let in the barrel/muzzle? No clue.

I figure it’s hedging my bet which is what has me leaning that direction. That and these LED’s do not do well when obstructed by said lint, etc.
    Crud & crap migrates into open emitter optics a wee bit. Recently listened to Dan Smith discuss a wee bit of dust working its way into the emitter area of an RMR and badly defusing the beam.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    I've got about a whopping 5 dry presses on the new M&P trigger/fire control group. Way better than a 1.0., and on par with an Apex'd 2.0.
    Last edited by Erick Gelhaus; 08-15-2022 at 09:17 AM.

User Tag List