Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm gonna make my own Stack-A-Toe, but better...with blackjack. And hookers.

Vending Machine Operator
    I've had an M&P 2.0 5" Pro Series sitting unsold in the For Sale and Trade forum for a real long time. Might be time to just withdraw it and use it as the base for something like this.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Great write up.

For the last several years my new pistol purchases have been LE trade in M&P’s with apex SDI barrels and RDS. I can’t beat the value. We have 6 of them at my house, we put significant rounds through them in training and competition. They’ve been as reliable as any other plastic platform I’ve owned.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Thank you TC for taking the time to write this all up! I've personally noticed the same educational benefits from shooting with a dot, even solo without instruction. Looks like I really need to try an M&P with a dot soon.

The S&W SKU I found for the base ACRO-cut M&P 2.0 is 13353

That SKU is a 4.25" 17+1 with the ACRO cut, optic height sights, and w/o a safety. Does anyone know if S&W has an SKU for the same configuration, but with a manual safety?
    I haven't found an open source for the 13353 gun yet, but one LE/Mil dealer offers them to qualified personnel for around $550.
    I don't believe it's offered with a safety, but the safety is really easy to add. It's literally three parts and they're stupid easy to install.

3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I've had an M&P 2.0 5" Pro Series sitting unsold in the For Sale and Trade forum for a real long time. Might be time to just withdraw it and use it as the base for something like this.
    Resale on them has been in the gutter as so many sales have moved older production guns at much, much lower prices. So since it's basically selling stupid slow you might as well make it a true PPC championship level accurate gun and enjoy it.
    3/15/2016

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Resale on them has been in the gutter as so many sales have moved older production guns at much, much lower prices. So since it's basically selling stupid slow you might as well make it a true PPC championship level accurate gun and enjoy it.
    I quite concur. Was already feeling guilty for letting it sit this long anyway.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Tried to sell my 2 m&P 2.0 like a year ago. Not a peep for a long time. I just pulled the ads.

This is a great thread. I'm only interested in pistols for which I have magazines and support gear, and the M&P is on that list.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    If I could add the safety to it I would have bought it already. Unfortunately from what I've seen the Pro series doesn't have the option. The 4.25" I used to have had the plugs that could be removed and the safety installed but my 5" Pro doesn't.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    The M&P has one of the best engineered grips of any handgun on the market today. The shape of the grip is more like an oval than the more square grip of a Glock, and that makes a huge difference in how well you can perform with it. I can shoot a Glock very well, but it's never fit me well. It's sort of like running in shoes that don't quite fit. You can do it, but it sort of sucks.

The M&P lets me get the grip I want to get on the gun instead of having to fit my hands around what some Austrian bent on world domination insists is "ergonomic" based on his extensive research of a few soldiers at a barracks.
    The virgin modded M&P Stack-A-Toe B8 shooter vs The Chad 65-yard Glock 17 MOS squirrel slayer

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    The virgin modded M&P Stack-A-Toe B8 shooter vs The Chad 65-yard Glock 17 MOS squirrel slayer
    Name:  squirrely-1705559.jpg
Views: 1165
Size:  78.3 KB

That one was about 40 yards. My carry G17 is a very, very accurate gun with HST...as the rodental elimination record demonstrates. When you've got a little bit of time and can focus intently and the little buck-toothed bastard sits still for that couple of seconds, you can make a really solid shot.

On a timer trying to hunt X's at 25 it is more difficult to achieve what the gun is capable of thanks largely to the grip not remotely fitting my hand. (Alas, my training gun is not as accurate...which is why I shoot it more and carry the laser beam)

I'll probably get to eliminate a couple of critters with the Apex'd M&P and I'll get to compare the experience actually killing things with it. My guess is, based on shooting it so far, it'll be easier to get the hits.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List