Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm gonna make my own Stack-A-Toe, but better...with blackjack. And hookers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Not to hijack TCinVA's thread, and feel free to move this if needed. I absolutely agree with TCinVA regarding the Staccatos. Fine guns and yes I had one. A friend of KyleReese has the one I owned now. But it didn't give me anything these don't and I built up these two with RDS and WML's for $2600, just $100.00 over the cost of the Staccato I owned. And I have owned M&P's fine pistols as well.

I swapped the factory Grip Modules for Wilson Combat Grip Modules and added Wilson Extended Slide Releases and SIG Flat Triggers. Barrels and all internals are factory SIG. Mount the Romeo 1 Pro's and Streamlight TLR1HL's and I have two for one. The M&P is a fine pistol for the project. But my issued pistol is a P320 so I need to stay with the platform, and despite the dislike on PF for the P320 I happen to like them and shoot them well, however I do prefer the thumb safety versions, especially for AIWB.

Both pistols will average 4.10 lb trigger pulls on my Lyman Gauge and keep shots in the black of a B8 or the -0 of an IDPA Target when I do my part.

No Blackjack or Hookers were involved in this project.

Attachment 101619Attachment 101620
    My SIG version of this is the AXG PRO with SRO and Gray Guns Trigger kit. Another option is you can have the AXG (Aluminum frame) grip shells cut for the manual thumb safety.,

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    however I do prefer the thumb safety versions, especially for AIWB.
    I'm curious about how the thumb safety on the P320 works. I understand the 1911 thumb safety, but how does the Sig's safety work? Does it prevent the trigger from being pressed? Does it block the firing pin? Does it make the gun really safe for AIWB carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I'm curious about how the thumb safety on the P320 works. I understand the 1911 thumb safety, but how does the Sig's safety work? Does it prevent the trigger from being pressed? Does it block the firing pin? Does it make the gun really safe for AIWB carry?
    Yes, it prevents trigger movement. No, the thumb safety does not block the firing pin. From my perspective, there is nothing that would make the P320 safe for AIWB carry, but I am extremely conservative when making those kinds of "safety" assessments.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Yes, it prevents trigger movement. No, the thumb safety does not block the firing pin. From my perspective, there is nothing that would make the P320 safe for AIWB carry, but I am extremely conservative when making those kinds of "safety" assessments.
    Ah. Thanks for the info.

So in one regard it is like a 1911 thumb safety. But there must be something else about the design not directly related to the safety that could make it unsafe? Is it related to the whole "drop safe" issue?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    AIWB holsters for P320s should come with a pair of those pants that have integrated tourniquets.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Ah. Thanks for the info.

So in one regard it is like a 1911 thumb safety. But there must be something else about the design not directly related to the safety that could make it unsafe? Is it related to the whole "drop safe" issue?
    Disregard this. This has been covered in other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    AIWB holsters for P320s should come with a pair of those pants that have integrated tourniquets.
    Maybe a free tattoo for your, uh, member if you get...separated? Last 4 of your SSN?

Site Supporter
    Little off topic but does anyone know if there is a way to check sear engagement and whether the trigger bar is up against the safety plunger? Maybe an armorer back plate? With new triggers coming out that aren’t Apex, I’m curious what options we have to check these things.

Here's an okay deal for someone wanting to dip their toe in the pond:

https://aimsurplus.com/products/smit...eid=b9d06dc545

SMITH & WESSON M&P9 M2.0 9MM OPTIC READY 4.25IN HANDGUN - W/ THUMB SAFETY AND 5 MAGS TAC PACK $599.99

Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Here's an okay deal for someone wanting to dip their toe in the pond:

https://aimsurplus.com/products/smit...eid=b9d06dc545

SMITH & WESSON M&P9 M2.0 9MM OPTIC READY 4.25IN HANDGUN - W/ THUMB SAFETY AND 5 MAGS TAC PACK $599.99

A major point of this concept was the direct-milled for Acro P-2 slide. These would be more in the spirit of this thread: https://shootingsurplus.com/swle-m-p...ro-9mm-ns-17r/
    https://www.provenoutfitters.com/m-p...e-cut-for-acro

User Tag List