Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm gonna make my own Stack-A-Toe, but better...with blackjack. And hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    On some specimens I've handled the forward set trigger is downright scary to me...but I've been shooting H&K LEM and Glock triggers for a long time so that's where my brain is settled.

It won't be a good 1911 trigger. But it will be about as close as you can get with a polymer gun that uses a swinging trigger.
    Excellent, thank you.

In terms of break 'crispness' - is it comparable / better than the break on a PPQ/VP9?

Does it compare to the SA on a well done DA/SA? Say the SA on a Cajunized CZ P09/P07?

The barrel I fitted into the 2.0 in the original post will work in a 1.0 slide as well. Fitted the way Apex recommends I've seen multiple specimens of 1.0 shoot sub 1" at 25. My buddy ARay's competition gun shoots .8" at 25 with his Apex barrel in it.
    These barrels appear to be unobtanium right now, where did you source yours?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    Excellent, thank you.

In terms of break 'crispness' - is it comparable / better than the break on a PPQ/VP9?

Does it compare to the SA on a well done DA/SA? Say the SA on a Cajunized CZ P09/P07?
    There are not many triggers that compare to a Cajunized P07 SA.

But it is better than a glock and on par with a VP9 in my experience

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

This whole project has me thinking about how the Glock equivalent could be done. The major stumbling block is no decent aftermarket manual safety, and I don’t know that there’s a way around that. (Decent in this case meaning position and feel.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    This whole project has me thinking about how the Glock equivalent could be done. The major stumbling block is no decent aftermarket manual safety, and I don’t know that there’s a way around that. (Decent in this case meaning position and feel.)
    Yeah I think you’d have a bunch of issues trying to turn a Glock into a 1911, but you can definitely turn the trigger into something more reminiscent of a good DAO trigger without sacrificing SCD functionality. A gunsmith fitted barrel, some grip work from Boresight, and either the LE only ACRO slide or a real deep aftermarket ACRO cut from a shop like ATEi would probably be the closest you could get to this particular project gun in a Glock.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    These barrels appear to be unobtanium right now, where did you source yours?
    Apex. The two I ordered were seconds because of a cosmetic defect...which I've never been able to find. (I'm an Apex certified installer)

Hopefully they have more barrels in stock relatively soon as I believe they have moved all the barrel production in house.
    3/15/2016

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    Yeah I think you’d have a bunch of issues trying to turn a Glock into a 1911, but you can definitely turn the trigger into something more reminiscent of a good DAO trigger without sacrificing SCD functionality. A gunsmith fitted barrel, some grip work from Boresight, and either the LE only ACRO slide or a real deep aftermarket ACRO cut from a shop like ATEi would probably be the closest you could get to this particular project gun in a Glock.
    Right.

The Glock trigger will always have more travel in it because it partially cocks the striker. You can tune the feel of a Glock trigger by putting a slightly reduced power striker spring in the gun and believe it or not that alone makes a significant difference in how it feels. Fully tricking it out with an Apex trigger, disconnector, and the reduced power striker spring goes a long way to getting rid of that staple-gun like break the Glock trigger tends to have from the factory.

I mainly have the safety on the M&P for reholstering...which you can accomplish with the SCD on the Glock.

It would not shock me at all to see an Apex barrel for the Glock in the relatively near future...
    3/15/2016

Right.

It would not shock me at all to see an Apex barrel for the Glock in the relatively near future...
    That would be a questionable business decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    I am getting ready to do just that. I have a Boresight Solutions Duty series frame and I am getting ready to send the slide to ATEI for the ACRO P2 install. When the slide returns, I was thinking of sending it to Barsto for one of their match target fitted and fluted barrels. Probably going with the Overwatch Precision NP3 coated components with their Faux trigger shoe. I can’t get the M&P due to my state’s handgun roster.

Site Supporter
    With the newer M&P's are dead triggers a thing of the past?

User Tag List