Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: I'm gonna make my own Stack-A-Toe, but better...with blackjack. And hookers.

Site Supporter
    Is it as simple as the 12xxx models are the old hinged trigger and the 13xxx models are the flat trigger, forward serrations?

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Is it as simple as the 12xxx models are the old hinged trigger and the 13xxx models are the flat trigger, forward serrations?
    No idea. The 12xxx has forward slide serrations as well. Just trying to make sure there hasn't been any major incremental changes

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Anyone smart on M&P model #'s that can tell me the general differences between 12xxx model and 13xxx model? Asking because the 12 I'm looking at has the old-style trigger (which I'm planning on APEXing anyway), but has standard height NS, instead of the mizzen mast height version. The 13xxx has the new trigger, but the tall sights. Just checking if there are any other generational changes from the 12's to the 13's that would make it worth paying $65 more for the 13xxx AND having to replace the sights.

Thanks!

Kevin
    Did I miss the exact model numbers you were looking at? If it has the hinged trigger and forward slide serrations, it’s probably an LE SKU which means an extra magazine and tritium sights. If it’s the newer flat trigger model with forward slide serrations, it could be an LE SKU or a commercial SKU. The LE SKU comes with an extra mag and rounded corners on the tritium nightsights. Commercial SKUs come with two magazines and white dot painted sights with pokey corners.

I’ve had different versions come with polished striker blocks and trigger bars, so it’s hard to say whether you’ll get that on a particular pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    majorly snipped... You're now at $1050, or 42% of the price of a Stack-A-Toe with magazines that we know absolutely work reliably and cost a fair bit less to boot.
    I shot USPSA with a 1.0 M&P Pro model in Limited minor for a year. Outdoor matches with dirt and gravel range bays. Back then I was shooting a local match every weekend (one at least, sometimes two a weekend) around the state and a few in Texas during that year. I was running Taylor Freelance extended basepads which attach with a couple of allen screws. I said "screw it" and never took them off to clean the mags. At first it was because it was just a pain in the ass, but after about 3 matches, it morphed into a "lets just see how far they go" sort of deal. I had small rocks in those things and they still ran, I never had a single feed malf in that entire year with those two mags having never been cleaned past shaking out what would come out and wiping down the exterior.

Just a data point for the cause...

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    Did I miss the exact model numbers you were looking at? If it has the hinged trigger and forward slide serrations, it’s probably an LE SKU which means an extra magazine and tritium sights. If it’s the newer flat trigger model with forward slide serrations, it could be an LE SKU or a commercial SKU. The LE SKU comes with an extra mag and rounded corners on the tritium nightsights. Commercial SKUs come with two magazines and white dot painted sights with pokey corners.

I’ve had different versions come with polished striker blocks and trigger bars, so it’s hard to say whether you’ll get that on a particular pistol.
    Yes, they're both LE SKUs - 12662 vs 13616. I'm just going to roll the dice on the first, throw an SCS on it, and start sourcing the parts for the thumb safety. Eventually I'll APEXize the trigger, just have to figure out which variant I really want.

I know this 100% anecdotal and not realistic but garand thumb did a "torture" test with mud and on a different occasion, the pistol being frozen simulating an artic environment.

The mp 2.0 passed and you could argue did the best out of most main stream manufacturers

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I know this 100% anecdotal and not realistic but garand thumb did a "torture" test with mud and on a different occasion, the pistol being frozen simulating an artic environment.

The mp 2.0 passed and you could argue did the best out of most main stream manufacturers
    Ironically it was the old hinged trigger that beat tab safety designs in the freeze test.

Also anecdotal, but I find the M&P to be the second most mechanically simple and robust and easy to detail strip gun I've messed with, 2nd only to Glock. Doing the same thing with fewer more robust parts is peak engineering

This thread convinced me to pick up a m&p 2.0 5”, in peanut butter of course. Unfortunately, Apex barrels seem to be sold out everywhere. I will just put my name on the notification list and wait like everybody else.
    Does anyone make a decent set of adjustable sites for this pistol? The LPA ones I see for S&W don’t have a great description for fitment, but I think they are for only third generation semi auto pistols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lunker View Post
    This thread convinced me to pick up a m&p 2.0 5”, in peanut butter of course. Unfortunately, Apex barrels seem to be sold out everywhere. I will just put my name on the notification list and wait like everybody else.
    Does anyone make a decent set of adjustable sites for this pistol? The LPA ones I see for S&W don’t have a great description for fitment, but I think they are for only third generation semi auto pistols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    See if you can check out accuracy with the stock barrel and post if you can. I'm looking at the 5 inch peanut butter vs the competition for a spare/guest USPSA rig and am curious how they shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    See if you can check out accuracy with the stock barrel and post if you can. I'm looking at the 5 inch peanut butter vs the competition for a spare/guest USPSA rig and am curious how they shoot.
    I purchased a 5" variant last week for the fun of it and shot it a bit over the weekend. After zeroing it, it didn't have any issues holding the center of a USPSA head box or a B8 bull at 25 yards. Stock barrel shot with 124 gr ball.

User Tag List