Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm gonna make my own Stack-A-Toe, but better...with blackjack. And hookers.

My JMCK Enigma shell and belt holster arrived yesterday so I started dry work with a safety equipped pistol.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    This thread is stupid because had a Gen5 G26 MOS in hand, but I walked out my friendly FFL with this instead. Trigger take-up is kinda gritty, but the wall and reset is super nice.

Attachment 112156
    I was in King's Firearms in Columbia, TN today looking at police trade-in 870's. They had police trade-in optics cut 2.0's, too...guns that had never seen even 500 rounds based on condition for $359. I bought one.

I don't need one...but I bought one.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I was in King's Firearms in Columbia, TN today looking at police trade-in 870's. They had police trade-in optics cut 2.0's, too...guns that had never seen even 500 rounds based on condition for $359. I bought one.

Do they ship?

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

When I bought it, I didn't need another Shield Plus, but they were on sale for $339 + the $50 rebate from Big Blue. Can't beat a $289 Shield Plus, even considering the cost to get it milled for a RDS.

Got to say, S&W doing away with the hinged trigger for the Glock-like dingus has really made me appreciate the M&P 2.0 line without really needing an Apex trigger shoe. If they would just start selling all their parts like Glock/Sig, I would probably start drinking the Blue Kool-Aid exclusively.

If they would just start selling all their parts like Glock/Sig, I would probably start drinking the Blue Kool-Aid exclusively.
    Seems like not much is not available at Midwest Gun Works.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Do they ship?
    They do. They're shipping my pistol to my local FFL since I'm not in my state of residence.
    3/15/2016

This thread is even more stupid... how stupid good this M&P shoots. First 50 rounds @ 15 yards cold. Outliners are 100% me finding the where to hold for sights during the first magazine. Even at 25 yards, most rounds were in the 9 ring with a few flyers in the 8 ring, but I was having trouble with the irons against a black target. Once I get a RDS on it, I'll expect it to be even better. This is going to be replacing the G45 for house duty, except I'm going to move a TLR-1HL on it because the CT light is easy to activate by accident. I don't even know if I can justify an Apex barrel how well it shoots stock.

tl;dr I'm going balls deep into the M&P 2.0 now.

Name:  mp2015yards.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  32.4 KB

So on the subject of my Not-A-toe...

Name:  procerts.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  50.6 KB

Name:  mastercert.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  60.4 KB

I dropped one shot on the bullseye portion of the Pistol Master standards ever so slightly into the 9 ring...which I knew as I was doing it, but I was too spaced out on that shot to correct it. Because I had the dumbs at that moment as it was one of the "easy" stages, at least in my mind. Never sleep on any one of Tom's exercises, kiddies. It'll bite you the instant you do.

Of course, the gun is useless if you don't know how to shoot. But if you can shoot a little bit it's pretty frickin' sweet.

There were a number of people very interested in my pistol, especially as I posted better scores than multiple actual Toe users.

I've spent a fair bit of time lately working on pure speed...and it's in this work that the benefits of having a gun that actually fits your hands properly come through even louder. Working on 50/50 draws (draws where I can expect to actually achieve the hit or the speed maybe half the time) I noticed a distinct lack of significant steerage to the left or right on most shots. Things stay remarkably centered up even when I make a complete hash of it. This is a highly useful advantage should I find the need to fight for my life with this thing.
    3/15/2016

FWIW, I picked up another 2.0 Compact thinking the first one was a fluke and was an exceptionally accurate example from the factory. At first, I thought I was right because my shots were all to the left until I discovered the front sight was pushed too far right in the dovetail. A sight adjustment later, it is just as accurate as the first 2.0 Compact.

I don't know what it is about the 2.0s that make them so easy to shoot. With my H&Ks and Glocks I have to put in the work with proper trigger control & positioning of the trigger finger. The 2.0s are very forgiving when it comes to both and makes me look like a much better shooter than I am. Also a big recommendation for the Calculated Kinetics Dogtag RDS plate if you don't have a direct mount optic. Keeps all the blowback from the LCI off the optic.

Site Supporter
    FWIW, I picked up another 2.0 Compact thinking the first one was a fluke and was an exceptionally accurate example from the factory. At first, I thought I was right because my shots were all to the left until I discovered the front sight was pushed too far right in the dovetail. A sight adjustment later, it is just as accurate as the first 2.0 Compact.

I don't know what it is about the 2.0s that make them so easy to shoot. With my H&Ks and Glocks I have to put in the work with proper trigger control & positioning of the trigger finger. The 2.0s are very forgiving when it comes to both and makes me look like a much better shooter than I am. Also a big recommendation for the Calculated Kinetics Dogtag RDS plate if you don't have a direct mount optic. Keeps all the blowback from the LCI off the optic.
    2.0's and P10's tend to be the same for me vs other striker platforms - just naturally easier to shoot. Oddly, I feel the same way about the FN509 but I can't get behind their internal design decisions to run one.

User Tag List